• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

55 gals drums

Maybe I missed it. Did he ever say what material these are made from? I want to watch what I store RO/DI water in. I'm not as concerned with mixed salt water.

Carlo

PS The "little" 15g cans could make very nice Kalk reactors too depending on what they are made of.

They are made of a plastic material...I don't know exactly what though...they are opaque white in color and the bungs are about 2.5" in diameter....Ill find out today how many I can get...

ok...I talked to the boss and there seems to be a problem...he can charge what he wants being they are his drums... ::) .....he knows I am reselling them and is charging me $5 more per drum then origionally posted....sorry if this puts a damper on it but as I said before...this guy is GREEDY.... as for a limit...I asked him and he said no more than 300 at a time because thats all that fits on a truck.....so as far I as I understand he dosnt have a problem...I just cant be buying dozens at a shot...I am going to have to limit it to 2 per person until I can figure out exactly how to do this...as I can only fit so many in my truck to bring home (no group buys..sorry)..I am figuring paypal would be the way to go...we set up a pickup date (prefer as much notice as I can get) and you pay me via paypal....I will PM my address to those that paid....first come first server basis..I dont want to get overwelmed doing this (i do have a normal job to do...Im not a drum dealer... ;D).....I WANT TO START WITH ONLY 55's...I MAY GET INTO THE OTHER SIZES AFTER I FIGURE EVERYTHING OUT..... PM ME FOR DETAILS>....

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The bung holes (?!) really put a damper on these for me. Any chance of getting them with snap-on lids? Ok, probably not, but I couldn't resist asking. I'll have to pass at this point, unless someone can help me make sense of using them with the hole configuration.

The bung hole puts a damper on it for me too Phyl. I was thinking they could still be used for RO/DI purposes only. Not to great for mixing salt water however. I'd rather have something a bit more versatile to use.

I'm going to sit out on this one for a while and let the people who really need them get them first. Then maybe later...

Carlo

The only way to make them open heads are to cut the top off with a sawzall....the open heads we have are not for sale...they use them for special orders....just let me know so I know what to do

Here are two pics of the drums...I hope they will work for everyone...

100907_13211.jpg

100907_13131.jpg

i think these could work. cut one of the holes big enough to stick a water pump inside to mix the salt. the hole also has to be big enough to take a water sample to check the salt level. to take the water out all you need is a siphen pump, or just use the water pump being used mix the water to pump it out.

We need a guy with skills. Someone that can build a ship in a bottle. Someone who can take apart a mag 5 and re assemble it in the drum with tweezers.

I bet a MaxiJet 1200 would fit inside easily. That should really be all the pump that is needed to mix or pump salt with. You could also use 2 of them if you thought you wanted more action in there. I use a MJ 1200 sometimes in a 44g Brute and it seems to work OK.

Carlo