• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

55 gals drums

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
:eek:

That would be one monsterously big Kalk reactor! While I prefer a clear container so that I know how much kalk is left in the container, I think it would make for an easy DIY project. I could see tapping the top for JG fittings for the water in/out feeds and the sides for the stirrer (uniseals?). The only think I see as being tricky is that my water in feed is going straight to the bottom of the container so that the fresh water isn't coming in and then going right out. Other than the logistics involved in getting that working, it would be a snap.

I only see one problem with these 55 drums.. What are the chances someone is going to steal my $50 Brute cans and leave the garbage all over the curb?

If anyone wants any drums for this week I need to know and have the money by tomorrow at 12noon as I will be bringing them home on Friday...

Thanks,
Eric

Phyl I was thinking at 15 gallon you could manually top off and not have to hook it into the RO/DI unit. Just hook up a small Aqualifter style pump to it on a controller and be done with it. You don't even need a pump inside to stir it. Once the limewater is saturated it won't fall back out of the solution so there isn't a need to stir again until more water is added.

I could downsize my reactor and have more room. :) I'm using a 32g brute for this right now but this 15g can would be better because it could also be completely air tight.

Carlo

Embowe said:
If anyone wants any drums for this week I need to know and have the money by tomorrow at 12noon as I will be bringing them home on Friday...

Thanks,
Eric

Do you have a paypal account?

Sorry guys/gals...Yes I do have a paypal account...just PM me for all the info...I am doing all this through pm's (dont worry I check them about every hour) that way I can keep everything straight as to who gets what .... I will extend the deadline to get drums this week..but I must have the money by tonight in my paypal account...1

Wow guys..I must say thanks to everyone that is intrested..I never thought that there would be so much intrest in somthing that I use everyday (I must admit...I see them in work..now I see them at home...its driving me nuts... ;D) I will accept orders up until tonight for pickup tomorrow..everything placed after tonight will be avaiable for pickup next Friday...I found this to be a great way to meet the people from the club and once my tank is establisted you guys will atleast have somthing to look at when you come here..lol...

Thanks again...
Eric

Eric payment was send ;D , thank you very much ,even know im only using this for a week or 2 .

can anyone pick my drums tomorrow please or get them closer to central , im willing to pay lmk ,thanks .

jimroth said:
Ha ha can anyone carry MY drums up to North Jersey? happy to chip in for gas...

Same here. I am interested in 2-55 drums, but not if I need to drive 1 1/2 hrs each way to get them.

i would pick up for the people in central and north Jersey but i have to beg my wife for her truck as it is. my truck is small.

OK guys..I have the first batch of people picking up tonight...I will do another pickup next Friday for those who are intrested....Thanks to all those who are showing intrest...

If you want in on this weeks...I would need the money by 1pm at the very latest..otherwise your gonna have to wait till next week (unless we arrange for a special pickup ..Im normally really busy during the week)

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you guys/gals

Eric

P.S. I would be greatful if somone had a nice piece of LR covered in coraline they would be willing to part with...I have no coraline growning in my tank at all and need some to get the ball rolling....

Anyone looking to pick up drums near middletown? I work with a guy who lives there, he is willing to lug some up north for me.