• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

60g cube build

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
I run 2 regular hydras over my 93 cube. Have the about 12 inches of the water. I'm running mine up to about 80% on the blue channels, 55% white and about 20/25% on everything else. Don't be afraid to ramp up the blues and white but take it easy on the uv to start. After talking to hockeynut about it a few days back I'm actually ramping my blues and whites up more. He's running two Vegas and has everything up a lot higher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Jose, after a long acclimation period I did have my Vegas @ 60% white and 100% blue I have no uv and green and red 25% seem to be ok. Now with the additional t5s I'm down to 50% white and still 100% blue

I updated my apex a few days ago and of course something happened to the Display Screen it lost power so it doesn't power on. So I emailed apex about it they told me to send it out for repair. They asked in the email when I bought it so I find the receipt email back the date. Of course it's past the warranty by 2 months.
I got the email today that my display was fixed. So paid for it a should have it back in 2-3 days. @ the same time I ordered my AVM so I can have control of my AI Hydra. Led lights.

I just picked up a few saltwater black mollies. To handle a little algae issue. Anyone else use these guys to handle algae?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I thought their live born babies were just fish food. I didn't know they were algae eaters. So were did you get them....I could use a couple in my sump.

I thought their live born babies were just fish food. I didn't know they were algae eaters. So were did you get them....I could use a couple in my sump.
They are definitely good algae eaters. You can acclimate black mollies from petsmart ($2) over a few days. I have done it in the past.

I bought them from and fish store that I didn't even know it existed in Washington Twp. I didn't know that they were algae eaters either until I heard Mike Piletta mention it. That he uses them to maintain his algae from his frag tank. Apparently this guy has them already acclimated to saltwater @ 1.024. So he already saved a step for me.

They are definitely good algae eaters. You can acclimate black mollies from petsmart ($2) over a few days. I have done it in the past.
this store has the already acclimated for $1.59 each.

I bought them from and fish store that I didn't even know it existed in Washington Twp. I didn't know that they were algae eaters either until I heard Mike Piletta mention it. That he uses them to maintain his algae from his frag tank. Apparently this guy has them already acclimated to saltwater @ 1.024. So he already saved a step for me.

this store has the already acclimated for $1.59 each.
What is the name of the store?

JB tropical Fish it's actual in Williamstown. It's not a fancy store at all. It's actually completely old school. He has a few corals their with a led strip that's probably 10 watts total. That barley lights up the tank.

So one of my two WP 25's died. Looks like i might order a MP40 now since the price is so much reasonable.
Do you guys think a mp40 or a mp10 would be enough for 70 gal cube.

Yeah. It keeps freezing up when I change the modes on it. I swap the controller to the one that's working perfectly to test if it was the controller that was going bad but it wasn't. I spun the propeller it actually feels a little more snug then the other one. I'm gonna assume that the magnet swelled or the motor case swelled a little. Either way I have to get something new