• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

60g cube build

All you need is the wxm. That is if you want to control it with the apex. I chose not to myself and just use the mp-40 controllers.

All you need is the wxm. That is if you want to control it with the apex. I chose not to myself and just use the mp-40 controllers.

Thanks John. I just thought it would be cool to change the currents throughout the day.

Do you see any benefits of doing that?

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
If you use the Eco smart modes like reef or lagon crest the flow is constantly changing. I almost got the wxm myself but then decided the money was better spent on frags. I rarely touch my vortechs so I didn't see the need. Only time a change the modes is when I'm doing a water change and I put them on nutrient transport after I've blow down all my rock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Jose how old was that wp25 I have a wp40 that crapped out doing the exact same thing, mine is about a year and a half old.
Also I would go with the mp40 and use the controller it comes with I have one set In the 90 and I never mess with it find the mode you are happy with and let her rip.

If you use the Eco smart modes like reef or lagon crest the flow is constantly changing. I almost got the wxm myself but then decided the money was better spent on frags. I rarely touch my vortechs so I didn't see the need. Only time a change the modes is when I'm doing a water change and I put them on nutrient transport after I've blow down all my rock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I forgot about those modes. I did run mine on reef crest when I had my 150gal. I know see that your correct about the WXM save my $$ and get FRAGS!!!!

Jose how old was that wp25 I have a wp40 that crapped out doing the exact same thing, mine is about a year and a half old.
Also I would go with the mp40 and use the controller it comes with I have one set In the 90 and I never mess with it find the mode you are happy with and let her rip.

Rob the pump is probably less the 1yr old. But I can't find any of the Proof of Purchase receipt to get the warranty repair. And of course they can't find my info on their CPU. It's no biggy ,tho I knew that they wouldn't last that long. I'm just gonna go back to a pump that I intended to get at one point anyway. Especially now with their huge price drop.

I missed why the pump crapped out, but, did you try taking it apart and cleaning it? I had a Wp25 stop working after about a year. Took it apart, cleaned it real well, and then plugged it back in. Still dead. I took it out, and banged on it a few times. Worked like a charm. If you ever turn them off and remove them from the tank, the impeller will tend to swell up from the heat it generated during operation. If you can unjam the propeller enough to get it spinning again, it could start working again. Hope that helps!

I missed why the pump crapped out, but, did you try taking it apart and cleaning it? I had a Wp25 stop working after about a year. Took it apart, cleaned it real well, and then plugged it back in. Still dead. I took it out, and banged on it a few times. Worked like a charm. If you ever turn them off and remove them from the tank, the impeller will tend to swell up from the heat it generated during operation. If you can unjam the propeller enough to get it spinning again, it could start working again. Hope that helps!

I don't know the real reason why it crapped out. I cleaned it I banged it still nothing. And to me it feels as if the propeller is swollen and won't let the magnet turn freely. Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't know the real reason why it crapped out. I cleaned it I banged it still nothing. And to me it feels as if the propeller is swollen and won't let the magnet turn freely. Thanks for the suggestions.

That happens to the Koralia propellers a lot. The magnet corrodes and causes the casing to open up. With the koralias it's an easy fix. Just replace the propeller. Maybe you can get a replacement for the jebao for a few bucks. Try it out before you pick up the mp40

Well I've been in contact with Neptune cause my apex wouldn't connect to the Fusion. Let me just say that those guys are great. I'm so glad that I choose to buy a Apex their customer service is Superb. It took them 3 days to take care of my issue cause of the time I get home , but they were so patient and understanding.
Well they found out what my problem was , it turned out that it was my Firewall. So now I'm up a running.

That happens to the Koralia propellers a lot. The magnet corrodes and causes the casing to open up. With the koralias it's an easy fix. Just replace the propeller. Maybe you can get a replacement for the jebao for a few bucks. Try it out before you pick up the mp40

They don't make replacement impeller's from what I found. Unless someone else can locate them. I'll be picking up a MP40 this week and getting rid of the wp25.

Well I just went and bought my mp40es today. To replace the wp25 that went bad. But I'm gonna keep the other one in there for the back wall just to add abut of more flow so their isn't any dead spots.

Well with this snow storm heading our way today. And I have a Electrican coming over tomorrow to install a new breaker box for the whole house. So I'll be out of electric for roughly 3-4 hrs. So I decided to check my generator. Of course I didn't kick over so checked the carb all gunk up with debris cleaned it out replaced some fuel lines and got it going. .
So just a reminder guys check your generators.

We have a storm heading in?

If anything happens and you need anything I have a good chunk of room available. Just let me know