• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

60g cube build

From what I read it should cover a bit more then 24x24 area since now they have the 26 LEDs instead of the 20 LEDs that the older Hydra had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At only 7 inches wide that leaves you with roughly 11 inches on both sides of the fixture. The fixture might "cover" the fixture at full blast but you will have major shadowing and dark areas in my opinion. I have a 24 inch led fixture on a 36in tank (only 6 inches on each side of the fixture), and I had to take off the optics to get good coverage. With the optics on, the ends of my tank were dim, and I could only place SPS directly under the actual light.

The issue with leds are the "cone" of light they put out optic.jpg If you look at the picture they only cover directly under the fixture well. Imagine the cone coming from a 7 inch fixture for a 30 inch tank, the top edges of both sides of the tank will almost be in the dark in my humble opinion. It will cover the 30x30 at the bottom of the cone (bottom of your tank), but what about the rest.

I think it might work out for me cause the outer edge will be my less lightning corals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess who got new lights.
ce878c69b5da2748209b5fcadbea8dcd.jpg

Here's a pic of it temporary hung on a make shift hanging kit until I order the real hanging system and also the AWM for the apex.
ce6be074baa10d2fc9c5db7c0a1a3713.jpg

Thanks again mike. I shocked how bright these are. They're as bright as my 6 bulb t5 fixture and it's only at 20% to acclimate the corals.

Does anyone else run Hydra's.? If so how high do you have them over you tanks.
Right now I have min @ 12" above water level.