• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Absolutely Fish - Clifton, NJ

Ive got an extra nova extreme laying around to start a frag tank evo....got any room cuz I sure as hell dont hahaha

I will try to stop by at 1pm to say hello ;)

RFD4 said:
Look height and everything else aside - The store is nice- the selection great - the prices high- the staff can be nice if they want to- are they the best store in NNJ probably- my opinions are based on my perception from my experience. I was never treated like crap but If another store opened with the same selection and better prices I would go there- until then I will meet anyone there on Sunday to say hello around 1:00 ish- I'll be wearing the Outerbanks tee

RFD

it was nice to meet you ron. btw, they are having their red dot sale. so i hope everyone has enough time to get there. sorry about the late post!!!

I went up there this past weekend. To start off, you want to see this store and I would buy live stock from them. The tanks were super clean, and all the corals and fish were extremely healthy, both the fresh and saltwater. They had a diversity of some unique selections also. With that said, there have been some discussions with the pricing; maybe they are the high – but it is livestock, so you make the choice. What is it worth? The part that I have difficulty with, and I mean no offense, but the dry good prices are the highest I have seen at any of the LFS’s that I have visited to date and I don’t just mean a bit. No one has been higher. I have a few prices that I check as I do the LFS crawl and they topped the charts. So while I give them an A+ on livestock and a B+ on live stock value, I give them a D- on dry good pricing. Completely none competitive. I mean, the dry goods items I checked were double the cost of the same things at OA. And well over double the cost then online or THR.

Bob

Every store has an issue and AF is certainly not the exclusion. That said however, it is still the best store by far in the region, has superior product and all is well cared for . Yes, the prices are expensive, but you get what you pay for, like the new, exceptional Red Sea Sohal Tang I picked up last night. The tanks in AF are meticulous and there is a huge staff there working on both fresh and salt water tanks alike non-stop. Rarely does one see such quality in any Marine retail store and thus , I guess, the rationale for the higher prices.......That said, I am a big fan and enjoy the AFF experience.

its just a shame that they want nothing to do with njreefers, and even though i am impressed with their livestock, id rather support a njreefers sponser

Picked up a black cap basslet from them yesterday, great specimen. Hid right after acclimating, but ate some pellets immediately! Also was very fairly priced. You cant really go wrong with this place. Ive never had one bad experience.