• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

April 2018 Meeting

April 2018 Meeting
Mike House
Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 12:00 PM
Until: Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
The April 2018 Meeting will be hosted by @Mike H

Address:
316 Patsy Ct.
West Deptford NJ

Bio:
I have been in the hobby since 1976. I have had previous, 55 gal, 75 gal, 125 gal and a 90 gal tank thru the years, all saltwater tanks.

Currently Tank
3 year old 420 gal DSA glass tank 9ft x 30x30 with custom cabinetry with custom built canopy lift built by me.
The tank has about 40 fish with SPS and LPS corals.

The tank has 8 Radion Pro lights
running 2 Maxspect Gyres and 4 Ecotech MP 40-60's

The filtration room in the basement has 3- 90 gal mixing station tanks with a seperate Iwaki pump for water mixing. I run a 65 gal Rodi auto top off tank for the display. The main display has a 180 gal sump in the basement. It has a 1500 watt in-line Titanium heater and a JB water chiller. I run a Algae scrubber and a auto dosing system for Alk, Calcium and Magnesium. Other filtration and inline UV also.

I have a 110 gal frag tank on a separate system for frags and as a quarantine system.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Unable to attend. I am a Girl Scout leader. I am taking (9) 11-year old to stay overnight at Camelback Resorts in PA on the 21 to 22nd. Have a great time everyone!

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Mike!
Thanks for hosting. Moving some things around atm and hoping to attend.

I am in Ramsey.
My tank is only 3 months old but hope to host a meeting at the end of the summer with a BBQ and hopefully a little more mature tank.
Our tank will surely underwhelm you guys, but we would love to learn from your experience.
I promise good food though! and maybe a side trip to a friends house house who has a really nice reef setup!

Mike