• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

April 2018 Meeting

April 2018 Meeting
Mike House
Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 12:00 PM
Until: Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Julie,

so sorry I missed you guys, I had a relative over for the weekend and was showing him around the city, we finished so late I would never make it back to the meeting.
My son was very disappointed so I bought him a pulsing zenia!
We really hope to make the next meeting and we would like to host a meeting at the end of the summer when our tanks grows in a bit.
Hope you guys had fun, we really wish we were there!
Life has a way of getting in the way of things.

Mike

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
@Mike H thank you for hosting the meeting.

This was my first meeting that was hi-tech. When I say that I mean we actually had a video call and it is a BIG step forward.

However, the BOD will have to work on it. The call was not only manageable but the BOD members did not have it controlled/civilized.

I cannot imagine how when the president of the club is repeatedly trying to get back the floor and is being constantly ignored by another BOD member.

I would suggest that the BOD have a better plan next time as to who will address the members in our meetings and take questions going forward.

All in all, as a member I was hugely disappointed in the way the BOD handled the meeting.

I would suggest that the BOD address the unrest we saw in the meeting quickly or else we just might call for an auction.

@ecambero @julie need answers ..

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Welcome back @Daniel ,@Raffle King and @adesimone1

It was great trying out new things at the meeting.
Thanks for being a great host @Mike H
I personally apologize for the BOD interaction. But overall we did get the key points across and tried a few things.

Like the 50/50 raffle and the video chat.

What did you guys think about that

Last edited:

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Thanks for trying new stuff! I'm sure there will be growing pains with that. I have to conference call and video meet daily, even at a tech company there are constantly issues with the organization and the technology. I wish I realized it was being broadcast, I would have tuned in.

Dave

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh boy. Was there a mini blow up at the meeting? The video chat sounded cool, who was it with? How about some pictures from the meeting!
Mini blow up I apologize to everyone made myself go in a time out and hugged everybody everything is cool I just exacerbated an issue by just not shutting up and listening enough. All is cool everything was great we had a great time! Join us next time and everything will be better or next meeting is at Mnats house next month! Please try and be there

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome @Daniel It was great trying out new things at the meeting.
Thanks for being a great host @Mike H
I personally apologize for the BOD interaction. But overall we did get the key points across and tried a few things.

Like the 50/50 raffle and the video chat.

What did you guys think about that
Well I love the 50/50 I think it work well for everyone. Next month I'd like to try to do a 50/50 plus going back to the frags as well based on the number of RSVPs. The club will base the amount of frags on the amount of RSVPs made by the Monday before the meeting. Just make sure you RSVP for next meeting coming up!

Last edited by a moderator:

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Julie,

so sorry I missed you guys, I had a relative over for the weekend and was showing him around the city, we finished so late I would never make it back to the meeting.
My son was very disappointed so I bought him a pulsing zenia!
We really hope to make the next meeting and we would like to host a meeting at the end of the summer when our tanks grows in a bit.
Hope you guys had fun, we really wish we were there!
Life has a way of getting in the way of things.

Mike
It's a shame you paid for a pulsing Xenia. I could have given you a free Frag. We have plenty of it. It's a fast-growing and it likes to spread so you have to be really careful with it. It can easily over take a tank

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
@Mike H thank you for hosting the meeting.

This was my first meeting that was hi-tech. When I say that I mean we actually had a video call and it is a BIG step forward.

However, the BOD will have to work on it. The call was not only manageable but the BOD members did not have it controlled/civilized.

I cannot imagine how when the president of the club is repeatedly trying to get back the floor and is being constantly ignored by another BOD member.

I would suggest that the BOD have a better plan next time as to who will address the members in our meetings and take questions going forward.

All in all, as a member I was hugely disappointed in the way the BOD handled the meeting.

I would suggest that the BOD address the unrest we saw in the meeting quickly or else we just might call for an auction.

@ecambero @julie need answers ..
I agree Sonny and I apologize it was entirely my fault. I think it would have been a better meeting had Edward been able to make it but he had other things to do at least he was able to make it by It video

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
No harm done folks, this is all constructive criticism. Hopefully you learned from this experience and the next meeting will be better.

In any case I like the video call idea. Going forward we should fix a particular time in the meeting when people who are not physically there can join via video call. It was 3 - 4 in this meeting and I like that timing.

How about we create a google hangout group for NJRC that folks can join in and attend on video if they cannot make it in person?