• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Austyn's 125 Gal mixed reef...

Hello all,

I have had this tank set up since 2007. Many upgrades to get to this tank. at least 4. Here are my specs.

Tank:
125 Gal AGA dual overflow

Sump:
DIY 55 Gal sump

Lighting:
3X 250W MH, 20K XM SE bulbs, 1 250W Galaxy electronic ballast, 1 dual 250W Galaxy electronic ballast. 48" all blue EVOslim for actinics.

Pumps:
EHEIM 1262 return pump
2x Evolution 1400's on Hydor wave maker
2X Koralia 3's

Skimmer:
Coralife 225. This is my backup. My reef octopus just took a dump. New one arriving next week. Went with the SCA-302.

Equipment:
X2 BRS reactors. One for GFO, one for ROX carbon. Running of main return pump from manifold.

40B as a salt mix tank. Soon to be changed into frag tank.

Woukld like to add:
Reef keeper
Dosing pumps.

Livestock: will updated soon.

Here is a picture of the tank. Was takken 6 months ago. I will update with a new pic once i post my tank build pictures.

DSC04858.jpg

Full pic of the tank. Stand and canopy built by me. the design to the rest of my basement when i remodeled it. Enjoy!
I also want to exptend an invite to whoever would like to come see the tank in person. Just shoot me a pm. Always looking to meet new people and share and learn knowledge.

fishtank1.jpg

Full pic of the tank. Stand and canopy built by me. the design to the rest of my basement when i remodeled it. Enjoy!
I also want to exptend an invite to whoever would like to come see the tank in person. Just shoot me a pm. Always looking to meet new people and share and learn knowledge.

fishtank1.jpg

Did you say meeting host? ;)

some coral pics.

Newley aquired in a trade for my chalice frags.

ORA pink Birdsnest Mario Cagigas
DSC05361_zpsb0641816.jpg

ORA red planet. Mario Cagigas
DSC05367_zpsc9244186.jpg

Birds if paradise. Mario Cagigas
DSC05366_zps80886fda.jpg

This one ive had for 3 weeks. had no purple growth when i picked it up. All new growth. The Fish Factory
DSC05243_zps616912a9.jpg

1 year old duncan. started with a 3 head frag. The Hidden Reef
DSC05174_zps5848545d.jpg

Harlequin war coral. 12-29-12. From Zoanut
DSC05104_zps103c057e.jpg

Unnammed chalice. letting this one grow out for a bit. picked up on 12-29-12 has already grown and eating like a pig. From Zoanut
DSC05113_zpsad28147f.jpg

DSC05112_zps58650bfd.jpg

Ultra Lobo. picked up 12-29-12. also a pig. From Zoanut
DSC05141_zps22dc7d15.jpg

Chalice. When i picked it up it was a bit washed out.12-29-12. But its turning into a beauty. From Zoanut
DSC05139_zps49998d16.jpg

Very nice tank Austyn. Also nice to see some more local reefers coming in
Thanks! Ive been wanting to join for a while now. I still have corals that i got in a raffle from the one meeting i went to as a guest in 09. And payed it foward quite a few times from those frags. Which reminds me. i have to post a very large kenya tree in the free to a good home section.

Woohoo. Rainbow BTA split last night. And it looks like it might split into a third. I guess feeding it really got it going.
Before the Split. Cant get a good pic where its at right now.
Waiting for it to move onto the rock when i brought it home
DSC05208_zps91c3f8d1.jpg

30 Minutes later.
DSC05272_zps2e07f7e2.jpg

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Woohoo. Rainbow BTA split last night. And it looks like it might split into a third. I guess feeding it really got it going.
Before the Split. Cant get a good pic where its at right now.
Waiting for it to move onto the rock when i brought it home
DSC05208_zps91c3f8d1.jpg

30 Minutes later.
DSC05272_zps2e07f7e2.jpg

looks awesome! Austyn, let me know if you ever decide to sell one of the splits. ill be interested!

looks awesome! Austyn, let me know if you ever decide to sell one of the splits. ill be interested!

Thanks! No problem. Will let you know when it becomes available. Im not sure how to remove a nem from its anchor point. and the rock its on is not removable.

x2 definitely interest in one of the splits :)
Will let you know if it does split into a third. sure is looking like it. But only time will tell.

Chalice. When i picked it up it was a bit washed out.12-29-12. But its turning into a beauty. From Zoanut
DSC05139_zps49998d16.jpg

I also picked one of these up. Its growing fairly fast. Already down on the tile I mounted it to. I'm not seeing the green eyes like you are though.