• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Beach Cleanup May 15th Poll

Would you being willing to participate

• I would like to participate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe another date

• No, thank you

• Total voters

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm trying to gauge interest in a beach cleanup set for May 15th. Right now We're looking at Gateway National Park (Sandy Hook) becuse of it's location. Please vote one way or another.

Thanks
Bob

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My wife and I were just there on Sunday and we were shocked at the amount of plastic debris on both the ocean and bay side.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think it's a great idea from the Conservation Comittee with direct impact in our own backyard! Now all we need is member support!

I am there! :D

Rod

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sounds like a good thing. I know my kids would get into this. Would I be able to bring them? They are so funny. They are constantly picking things up and show/tell me "look Daddy I'm saving the earth" the funny thing is that sometimes it may be a fallen leaf or an off color rock! LOL But it really was incredible how much they remembered Earth day from last year.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I would like to help but that date sounds very familiar. Need to check with the wife.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Taz

Kids are welcome! I did this with my girls when they were young both developed a respect for nature.

Bob

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bob, what time, where and what do you want us to bring? We are talking Monday, the 15th, and I'm good unless my accountant calls a last-minute meeting, which she does too often.

Thanks for pulling this together.

will there be njrc t-shirts for us ;D - i'd be willing to chip in for one.

May 15 is a saturday:
« May 2010 »
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15

MARCH 15 is a monday. ;D

Question -will we have a lunch bbq type thing or is it on your own?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hawkeye said:
MARCH 15 is a monday.   ;D

Hey, I can’t help it if I can’t multitask.  I’m a man!  I either look at the month, or look at the date.  I saw 15 and thought it was this month.  Now that I see it is some date in May, I’m not sure if I can make it.  Weekends that time of year are bad for me.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
magic said:
Taz

Kids are welcome! I did this with my girls when they were young both developed a respect for nature.

Bob
That's part of the reason I moved out of my old neighborhood and came to the pine barrons! I wanted my kids to know about nature, not busy streets and sidewalks. And they have learned many things and seen some great wildlife in the almost 2 years we've been here.

redfishbluefish said:
Bob, what time, where and what do you want us to bring? Thanks for pulling this together.

Hawkeye said:
will there be njrc t-shirts for us ;D - i'd be willing to chip in for one.

Question -will we have a lunch BBQ type thing or is it on your own?

Same questions here. I'd be willing to chip in to have a picnic type lunch whether we buy or bring a dish like the meetings.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm really glad to see the response so far. I don't have much info at this point. An application with the total number of volunteers needs to be submitted, everyone that participates will get a certificate from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. I'll check on the T-shirts and I'm sure we can pull together something for lunch (chip in). Taz, great role model!

Bob

As long as the date pans out with the family, I'd be interested in an activity like this. This is something that as a Club we should do more of. I might even get some family support for the project. If there's one thing we like as a family, it's a day at the beach, any beach! 8)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Should probably create an RSVP because while people can only vote once (like us) there would be 4 of us attending at this point. Then we could keep a rolling number (as people are added on and drop off) of how many will be able to attend. Maybe even a good thing for the save the date spot for now!

I'd be up for it. It reminds me of my old boy scout days when the troop would get together to clean up a lake or a park.

Great initiative all! I have it marked down to join, along with my cleanup crew. (two children) They will scan the beach like narsarius snails!

I would love to help in this event specially outdoor event. only thing that draw me back is my 2 years old son. he might be a trouble maker more than a helper. I might have to convince my wife to come along in order to keep the terrible 2 inline. I will sign up when we get close to May 15.
Olivier