• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Beach Cleanup May 15th Poll

Would you being willing to participate

• I would like to participate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe another date

• No, thank you

• Total voters

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Definitely worth bringing him, Olivier, even if you can't help as much due to his presence. Teach 'em young!

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Olivier said:
I would love to help in this event specially outdoor event. only thing that draw me back is my 2 years old son. he might be a trouble maker more than a helper. I might have to convince my wife to come along in order to keep the terrible 2 inline. I will sign up when we get close to May 15.
Olivier
My 3 year old might be there too maybe they can keep each other company :)

I think that you guys should open this up to some of our sponsors and some other groups we have affiliations with.

The more the merrier.

Flyers in LFS and at the aquarium and LSC could also attract some non NJ reefers people but bolster the number of attendees.

I hope that you take my suggestions seriously even thou they are not the status quo since im not longer a member

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ReeferNets said:
I think that you guys should open this up to some of our sponsors and some other groups we have affiliations with.

The more the merrier.

Flyers in LFS and at the aquarium and LSC could also attract some non NJ reefers people but bolster the number of attendees.

I hope that you take my suggestions seriously even thou they are not the status quo since im not longer a member
Barry

Great idea but this is a Adopt a Beach campaign and we will have a assigned beach area. Unfortunately I have to have signed waivers from everyone that participates before they can be involved.

Bob

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow. Can you get those signed the day of the event or will they have to be signed in advance? If in advance, it should be posted ASAP so that you can get them submitted to you in time. Have you worked out the logistics of that yet? Might still be able to have a signup sheet at the local stores with waivers they can sign and leave at the counter for pickup?

I think you should make that clearer then cause it sounded like a one shot deal.

This adopt a beach program must have a longer commitment to it along with our names being listed on it.

I think phyl is right, the more people you have the better it is and the better we can clean.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Barry

The waivers can be filled out at the event but I'm responsible for the group and don't feel comfortable with just anybody. The commitment for the Adopt a Beach is a cleanup in May and another in October. If you would like to start your own group you can register at: http://www.nj.gov/dep/seeds/aabreg.htm

Bob

Bob why would i start my own group?

Im just trying to get the whole picture. Im not saying that we should invite anyone Bob but i think it would be a good idea to put this in stores because some of our members miss some of the threads and some people might see it and join the club cause we do cool stuff.

Here is some helpful info

The DEP's Adopt a Beach Program is a volunteer initiative that invites groups, organizations, businesses and individuals to adopt a small section of beach or waterfront area. Volunteers agree to keep their adopted area free of litter and debris by organizing cleanups, to be done at least semi-annually, for one year or longer. This statewide coastal cleanup effort displays New Jersey's commitment to combat water pollution and to maintain the aesthetic quality of the state's coastal shorelines.

Bob what about inviting folks from various LFS to join us? Imagining Brian out in his Hawian shirt picking up trash is pretty easy to do.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JRWOHLER said:
Bob what about inviting folks from various LFS to join us? Imagining Brian out in his Hawian shirt picking up trash is pretty easy to do.
James

Saturday bad day for not being in the store and no I don't want to see Brian in a Hawiian shirt. :D

Bob

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Man, this is the kind of thing I am really interested in doing as a member of this club! BUT, it's a 2 hour drive (each way) for me. Let me think about it a bit and talk to the fiance before I commit... but I'm really interested in the concept.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
James is putting on a killer BBQ after the cleanup for a little rest and relaxation, socializing, etc. The day will be well worth the trip for the whole family!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
James is putting on a killer BBQ after the cleanup for a little rest and relaxation, socializing, etc. The day will be well worth the trip for the whole family!

That is awesome for James to step up and offer such a great thing. Thanks James, please let us know if you need anything.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The kids?! LOL! I'm thinking of quite a few of the adults that we'd need to leave home (myself included)!

I hear it's grand parents day at the nude beach so make sure you wear really dark sunglasses and always look STRAIGHT down. 8)