• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Beer!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Being a beer snob this is quite the thread for me

All time favorites but rarely have: Westvleteren 12, Three Floyds Dreadnuaght Imperial IPA and Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Treat beers, have maybe monthly easier to get: Chimay Blue, St Bernadus 12, Lindemans Framboise (nikki's favorite), Rochefort 10,
Daily drinkers: Yuengling (especially after all that was brought to the meeting), Sam Seasonals (except spring), Corona for the summer, Pork Slap Pale Ale

That is all I can think of for now.

Being a beer snob this is quite the thread for me

All time favorites but rarely have: Westvleteren 12, That is all I can think of for now.

You're just cutting and pasting from the Beer Advocate list you beer snob you!:)

Seriously, I've been looking for the Westvletern, but never had it. If I find it I'll pick up some for you as well. Three Philosophers and Weyerbacher's Quad are the quads I enjoy.

I haven't had the Stone Stout, but the Smoked Porter is quite tasty!

Bad Fish

Officer Emeritus
You're just cutting and pasting from the Beer Advocate list you beer snob you!:)

Seriously, I've been looking for the Westvletern, but never had it. If I find it I'll pick up some for you as well. Three Philosophers and Weyerbacher's Quad are the quads I enjoy.

You guys are making me quite thirsty. I think I have to leave work early :)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member

I was actually just making sure I got the spelling right, but yes I am a beer snob.
Stone Stout is seasonal so you have to look during the right season. I have several liquor stores that are local that luckily carry it. Westy 12 (and a lot of other rare beers) can be found on ebay, you will pay for it but it is really the only place to get it. I have 2 bottles of Westy is the fridge right now and are saving them for special occasions. Three Philosophers and Weyerbacker are very good as well, I started off as an IPA drinker but now drink a lot more stouts and Belgians.

Unfortunately I think I am going to have to go into the beer snob category, but I can still drink with the plebs. :p

Pete's Wicked Ale, Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale, Flying Fish ESB, Sam Adams lager and seasonal, Corona, Guinness, Killians, Smithicks, Newcastle Brown, Yuengling. Many other occasional beers.

Smithwicks. When i'm not in the mood for that, I tip a Bud Light Lime.

Attachments

• SMITHWICKS.jpg
    SMITHWICKS.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 12
  • BUD LIGHT LIME.jpg
    BUD LIGHT LIME.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 10
I have just recently, over the last few years started liking beer. I never much cared for it when I was younger. Since I essentially missed out on beer in my teens & 20's, I've been trying to make up for it by trying as many as possible.

Here are my favorites:
Stella
Rolling rock
Hoegaarden
Blue Moon (possibly my #1... if I have oranges)
Yuengling

howze01

NJRC Member
Not really a big fan of beer but the best I have tasted was a Czech one called Staropramen. On the rare occasions I drink beer it's Heineken Premium Light

This is my kind of thread! I am a big fan of Belgian Whites and German Weiss. A few of my favorites are Franziskaner, Allagash White, Hackkor Pskorr, Haufenbraue, Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat and when I need a heavier breakfast beer, a Stoudt's Fat Dog can't be beat.

I started off as an IPA drinker but now drink a lot more stouts and Belgians.

I am a stout and porter drinker who has added IPA's and Belgians to my menu. :D

But now for the late breaking news! It's harvest time (even though I have a few more beach days planned) and the pumpkins and Octoberfest's are in.

Off to have dinner and try a Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale!