• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

blange3's 180 upgrade

I think it's great to take a break from the grind every few years! Good luck Bill (I wonder where I can fit a Tetra Paradise??)

Is my old Ocellaris Female still kicking around your reef??

I know I'll go back someday, probably start wit zoas in a nano.

Unfortunately you old girl didn't make it through Sandy. Jeff had her with my 14 year old male and the LTA. They survived.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Time to bring this back from the dead. I'll post a picture of the swamp when it's been tidied up a bit!:embarassed::embarassed:

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Going from fresh water to salt water is always an upgrade, so the title still fits.

A blast from my softie past circa 2006. Dance

This time more room, more organized but back to soft corals!

Hey JCurry, is the LTA still around? It would be about 16 years in our tanks by now.

DSC03633.jpg

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
One of the nicest looking FW tanks I've seen. Sorry to see that have to go, but looking forward to the makeover.

Will be following along for sure Bill.

Hey Bill when are you going to tear down the swap and start building? LMK if you are going to sell your FW fish/plants.

Just read through this whole thread in the past couple of hours. Man, from Reefs to Freshwater, you sure do maintain a nice set up. What you call "Algae problems" is hardly comparable to what I have when I say "Algae" haha. I'm looking forward to watching you put together another epic tank!

The swamp has been drained, cleaned and refilled with saltwater. Fresh bulbs, new powerheads and I will be adding rock AND SAND this week.

I'll not be posting the boring empty tank picture but here are the overall specs.

180 Gallon tank with 100 Gallon Rubbermaid Stock Tank Sump plumbed in the basement.
Mag18 return pump
1 Jebao RW20 and 1 Maxijet 900 for circulation
Lighting will be 4 80W T5's and 2 110W VHO Super Actinics driven by 3 Ice Cap 660's. T5's are 2 Blue+ and 2 Coral+
AC3 Controller
Reef Octupus NW150 skimmer
Warner MR100 Media Reactor for carbon.
Instant Ocean Salt
Auto-topoff using AC3, float switch and Aqualifter to dose Kalwasser as toppoff.
:very_drunk:

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Welcome back in the game. I have a big mushroom leather for you when your ready. its about 15 inchs around. Used to be much bigger.

Thanks Ed!

Here is my planned coral list so far:

Toadstool - Done!
Yellow Fiji Leather
Green Nepthea
Sinularia
Anthellia
Kenya Trees
Green Star Polyps
Some sort of colorful Cloves
:very_drunk:

Planned Fish List:

5 Yellow Tail Blue Damsels
1 Royal Gramma
2 Ocellaris
2 Bangaii Cardinals
2-3 Flasher Wrasses
1 Purple Tang
And maybe 1 Naso because SWMBO wants one! ( I really don't want to get into bifg fish again!)

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome back Bill! When you're ready you may stop by and take whatever softies I have that interests you....pulsing xenia, large hairy mushroom, regular mushrooms, clove polys, palys, etc.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Sounds like a great plan. We went with just one tang in our 205 and a bunch of anthias and wrasses. With the softies, you could generate a lot of movement and a really cool system