• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Brandon's WTH was I thinking 125 gallon madness

It may be too little or too much flow. I have a euphyllia corner of my tank, 6-7 different colony/frags, I can tell you that 1 frogspawn smack in the middle is more sensitive then all the rest and closes up more often then the rest. Why? I have no clue whatsoever.
You don't need to move it up I wouldn't think, but it may want more or less flow. I would try to spot feed it too while you are at it.

So I did a water change, so exciting!!!

Updates:
- Hair algae is growing unfortunately
- I picked up 2 filter socks going to toss those bad boys on tomorrow.
- lost a maroon clown that was in my fuge and got sucked through the return pump :(
- sold a true perc to Steve since it bullied my black and white ocellaris
- corals don't seem to be growing too well, but need to be patient
- tank is still loud, it is from the anti-siphon holes, but not sure how to fix it unless I do what 9supra recommended and ball valve my drains
- need to replenish my CUC since turbos cannot flip themselves over to save their lives (literally lol)
- bluespot is one of the coolest fish and has awesome personality
- formula 4 mixed with brine, mysis, and cyclopeeze makes ALL the fish go WILD

I kind of want to add another fish that is going to add movement to the tank. My yellow and blue hippo tangs I feel like are the only ones who actually swim around and make use of all 6 feet of the tank. The clowns kind of just sit in one spot minding their own business and the bluespot barely leaves his den except at night. My sixline I only see when I feed, coral beauty stays to the back of the tank more, and my mandarin disappears in my caves for awhile.

Oh fish how I adore them.

So I was in Absolutely Fish a few weeks ago and I saw a BEAUTIFUL fish that I was unsure what it was. The fish after speaking to an employee was a Majestic Angelfish. After reading about them and their known issues as far as they may pick at LPS corals and clams I decided I wanted to get one.

I found one at an INSANE price and could not pass it up. So right now I have had the majestic in the tank for the past 4 days and he seems to be doing well. The only initial issue was my Yellow Tang kind of hitting it with its spur (I think that is what it is called), but after the first few days I guess the tang realized it isn't a threat.

I also rearranged some LR to switch up the territories and reduce some aggression. As of yesterday I have not noticed any aggression from the tang and the fish seems to be scoping out its new home.

The only issue I seem to be having is the fish does not seem to eat, I feed mysis, brine, and formula 4 and it doesn't seem to show interest in it as of yet. I'm going to go pick up some angel specific food I read about and see if it likes that.

I also added a new wellsophyllia coral as well this week.

Right now I am going to resetup my biocube and host 2 clowns in it and maybe make it a mini reef or fowlr, not sure yet.

Anyway here are a few pictures and videos.

Well scratch that for some f-ing reason the majestic died tonight. I laid down and thought let me check my tank quick and there it was laying on the sand dead. Idk if it was from the yellow tang hitting it or from where I got it maybe it didn't eat, but I'm just sad that I lost a fish. Not even about the $ the fish are like my kids and idk blah.

Just saw this - that's a bummer brando. 4 days is longer than i had my pair of copperband butterflies... :p

how's the seaslug?

Sea slug died too after the first day. I dripped him 30 minutes idk....

Just got an order from mr coral, this is my second order from him and might be last. The first order was great and everything came on plugs or large enough didn't need a plug. This order zoas were loose in the bag and they just seem not as I expected.

:shrug:

Wow Brandon....where in the world are you putting all these corals?!?! What happened to stop buying and sitting back and enjoying?? LOL

I am sitting back and relaxing. These were purchased before I said that :)

haha steve i'm setting up te cube again for hawk's clowns

Tested my parms today using API test kit:

Nitrate: 0 ppm
PH: 7.8-8.0 (added some buffer to adjust)
Amonia: 0 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm

Placed an order for CAL, ALK, and Mag kits, but there was an issue with the order so have to reorder them blah.

Be careful with that Buffer!! I know a lot of people use them, but I've also heard of a lot of people having problems with them.

Getting the test kits is perfect!! PH has a lot to do with your ALK levels!! Keep up the good work!! Post some new pictures too!!

I'll post pictures once I figure out my camera heh :).

I've decided not to add anything new to the tank until my hair algae is sorta and to give the tank time to mature more. Only exception may need to add a few more turbos to replenish my cuc in a few weeks.

Also I noticed some slight bowing or deflection on my acrylic sump, I'll post a picture for reference.

Only additions since my last post was lawnmower blenny (hides all damn day and night) and 3 chromis (2 dead within a day of each other) 1 left (I think fighting or I'm a serial killer).

added a small frag of zoas :-X

DWLotC.jpg

Brando457 said:
Only additions since my last post was lawnmower blenny (hides all **** day and night) and 3 chromis (2 dead within a day of each other) 1 left (I think fighting or I'm a serial killer).
you got those from OGII right? Well at least it was one sale. Have you considered threadfin/blue-eye cardinalfish instead of chromis? They lack the green color but shoal far more and are totally peaceful...bottom of the totem pole - they even run from my firefish.

Hawkeye said:
weird only two pics show up for me in photobucket.

Hawk there about 7 in there :)

I'll post the new pictures directly since it didn't work for you though :).

So today I got some goodies. I needed more snails as my turbos were dwindling down to nearly 0 okay really maybe 5, but still!

Also I saw this awesome coral and I couldn't resist it, and they also had a pistol shrimp to pair with my YWG.

Enough talk more pictures.

IMG_4083.jpg