• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Brandon's WTH was I thinking 125 gallon madness

I picked up another hippo, but this time from Dr. Jim. Acclimated for 1 hour 30 mins with drip and he is currently in the tank.

Fish looks so healthy and is swimming around and eating already!

Dr. Jim's has a nice setup, not your typical store, but still nice.

I rescaped today alittle and added some LR from my biocube aswell, also moved around my corals.

If I had my camera I'd post a good pictre, but I'll post one from my phone in a few.

Picked up some new corals today from Steve and a nice colony of acan lords from a MR member.

Also picked up a new sump from a MR member. It is 60 gallons with 3 chambers, which is perfect for my skimmer | fuge | return idea.

Tomorrow I'm going to leak test the sump and then hopefully get it all plumbed in, should be a fun day regardless.

Anyone have any advice setting up a fuge as far as lights/miracle mud (whats it for?)/sand etc.

I suggest for your fuge...a nice amount of sand....a whole bunch of rubble rock and some cheato. No need for miracle mud, IMO.

I started with mud 20lb, sand thin layer, rubble, and cheato.
Mud for me is a ? that I don't think there is an absolute answer for. It works for me. :)
I have 1 mangrove now for fun so came in handy.
+1 for the cheap clipon light. I like a plan grow bulb. If you go for florescent look for a bulb 6500-6700k for cheato.

New additions: acan lord colony bought from MR

IMG_0121.jpg

I forget what this is called, but it is from 9supra and looks awesome! loving the color
IMG_0122.jpg

Also another from 9supra I forget the name
IMG_0124.jpg

Orange montipora from 9supra
IMG_0123.jpg

Thanks Steve again for the awesome corals! His tank is sick and everything is growing like crazy, anyone looking for frags check his deals and steals posts definitely worth it.

Also last, but not least my new sump that I will plumb someday soon:

IMG_0126.jpg

Again I apologize for blurry pictures hopefully one day soon I can get a good camera and take some pictures that do everything justice.

Re: Brandon's WTH was I thinking 125 gallon madness Olay

added some other fish a few days ago.

I got my bluespot he's a big bugger and made his burrow right in the middle of a cave.

Also added a yellow watchman goby, another cleaneR shrimp, 50 more snails, and a Baille (spelling) wild caught true percula.

I know I need to watch th clowns so thy don't fight but in a 6 foot tank things seem to b

a bluespot is one fish i have wanted for a while. they are so cool to watch. almost picked one up yesterday but just couldnt part with the 90 buks. maybe i could buy a fin frag from you?...lol

Picked up a frag rack from OGII, they had some really nice sps corals in stock!

Steve might be right, I might switch to SPS eventually :).

Also picked up a nice brain coral from inquistive. Shame to see her take down her tank, she is one of the few I've encountered that actually care about their livestock.

More corals added.

Thanks mnat for the captain america!!!!

Stopped in reef-to-reptile pretty nice store, bit on the smaller side, but nice selection.

Also stopped in to trop aquarium, this place is what I wish we had up north. HUGE Coral tanks, I didn't look at their fish selection, but it was a vast line of tanks.

I'm waiting to get my digi back from my brother, but then I'll snap some pics of all the new goodies.

Plumbing a new sump tonight thanks to Steve so this should be fun.