• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Brandon's you were right 75g upgrade

Brandon, don’t know how much salt you will need to make up each week, but 238 gph is spitting into the wind. Post up a WTB for an older Koralia 3 or 4…..you could probably pick one up for $20. Now we’re talking moving a bit more water. The more movement the better. A K3 or K4 would work nicely for a 10 – 35 gallon mixing bucket.

I'll be making up about 30 gallons a week.

I guess I'll keep the pump in case the other ever fails then :(

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
In this hobby, I’d never say you couldn’t do something, because you’ll eventually find someone who is doing it.

However, it would never cross my mind to consider using a needle wheel pump to move water. They were designed to highly agitate an air/water mixture to produce tiny bubbles (Mental déjà vu moment with “tiny bubbles”….any other old fart thinking Don Ho?) Accordingly, the head loss from just trying to raise the tubing over the top of your sump will greatly effect flow rate. Now, with that being said, try it, and prove me wrong, and see how long it takes to empty your sump. And damn you Brandon, now I can’t get “Tiny bubbles, in the wine, make me happy, make me feel fine,” out of my head. :grin:

Actually had a question about that I have this skimmer

http://www.reefspecialty.com/index....mid=1&option=com_virtuemart&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

It uses this pump

Features the new Bubble Blaster HY1000S - 900lph or 31scfh

I can't for the life of me find out how many gph it puts out, but was thinking I can use that for mixing water since I have it and its extra or I was thinking of even using it for my reactors when I run them. Any ideas?

I don't know that the cost would be worth it, but you could look into getting the impeller and housing to make it into a Water Blaster HY 1000. I'm not sure that you couldn't just get the impeller and try it, but the housing might be different too.

PS I have a couple of old AquaClear 70's that I use in my makeup water container(32 gal.), one just lays on the bottom and the other is near the surface with the venturi tube for aeration.

Really cute Joanthan, Brian and I are working on it behind the scene!

Now if only someone had a pump that would efficiently drain the sump :X

What am i going to do with this protein skimmer pump? Keep it and make bublbles for Paul?

howze01

NJRC Member
You want a Sicce Syncra 5 to drain the sump? It would be awesome for it. Or swap it with your return pump and use your existing return for the sump. Just buy me a Sicce Syncra 4 and it'll be even. That 5 is too big for my tank!

DOH so What I can do since I was smart and t-d off my return. I'll put a barb on it and then can connect a hose to it whenever I want to drain the sump :) WINNING

Some corals for the frag tank that thirty5(anthony) is holding for me until I go pick them up.

IMG_9806.jpg
IMG_9803.jpg