• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Brando's Red Sea Max 130D of Fun

I've seen the markup on fish, wholesaler a bsj is $55, LFS $120-$150 (saw today!).

Hippo tang $15 wholesale, $50-$80 retail.

It sucks :/

Upgraded pump for the rsm 130d.

I used 2 x eheim 600 and eheim tube. It is easy to remove the plugs on the stock pumps, but to fit the hose over the end as you see in the picture was not easy. What I ended up doing is heating the tip with a lighter and using scissors to extend the tube until I could push it.

626dd83f-dbec-e5ae.jpg

Added some corals today from Felix Fan (Aloha Tropics), great price on an Acan Frag Pack on another forum.

I may end up going bigger in a year, this thing with only a few corals looks full! and it is difficult to work in when your clown has a taste for human flesh!

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Added some corals today from Felix Fan (Aloha Tropics), great price on an Acan Frag Pack on another forum.

I may end up going bigger in a year, this thing with only a few corals looks full! and it is difficult to work in when your clown has a taste for human flesh!

Your going to go bigger after you just downgraded and sold your bigger set-up???!!!

Brando you always crack me up!!! LOL.

Your going to go bigger after you just downgraded and sold your bigger set-up???!!!

Bigger as in 75g preferably or max 125. Going to save a HUGE tank for when I move out. I find that the more tanks I have the smarter I get as far as organization and setup. Like on my 180 the stand was way TOO high for me and I got tired of hitting my head and working on a stepladder.

If I was going to do it again I would have made it an in-wall and made a separate equipment area behind it where I had my water mixing station. Live and learn though right!

Plus we all can't be lucky to have a gorgeous setup like yours :(, but one day! lol

Agreed!!! He kills me!!

I pleaded with him not to get rid out the 180....that he'd miss it....but he didn't listen :)

I'm battling some nasty cyano! I think it is due to old light bulbs, but not 100% sure.

I'm mixing up 25g of saltwater to do 5g changes every other day to see if it helps.

Otherwise may have to use red slime remover :/

Cyano is a bacteria....yes the lights will cause it to darken when they are on, but it is there even when the lights are off. It is caused by high nutrients and low flow. I've battled cyano many times.

Cyano is a bacteria....yes the lights will cause it to darken when they are on, but it is there even when the lights are off. It is caused by high nutrients and low flow. I've battled cyano many times.

I have a mp10 on full blast and a koralia 1 on opposite side. I mixed up 30g of water and will do 5g water changes every other day to export nutrients. Once that is done I will add another K1 to the opposite side and see if that helps. If it does not get affected by the water changes then I may need to try red slime remover or something else.

I have a mp10 on full blast and a koralia 1 on opposite side. I mixed up 30g of water and will do 5g water changes every other day to export nutrients. Once that is done I will add another K1 to the opposite side and see if that helps. If it does not get affected by the water changes then I may need to try red slime remover or something else.

What are your parameters, i.e. NO2-3, NH 3-4, PO4, etc.? What kit do you use to test them, i.e. Salifert, etc.? Is your skimmer in good working order? When was the last time you replaced the media in your GFO/GAC reactors? When was the last time you cleaned your WC container? Are your TDS from your RO/DI unit readings at 0? Cyano is almost always a result of excess nutrients, even low levels. The red slime remover does work, but if you don't deal with the root problem, the cyano will return.

I know, its a lot of questions, but ultimately, this problem is usually one or a combination of these issues.

Nitrates - 10-20 last tested, used API kits.

The media is only month or so old, but chemipure says its good for 6 months. Also runing phosguard and purigen.

I haven't cleaned my WC container in a long time, nor do I have a tds meter.

I'll be ordering new filters for my ro/di today, just need to find my wrench.

goodluck with that B i know i had my share of batles with cyano bubble algae aptasia and lately hair algae but like everything else persistance paysoff and im sure it wll with you gl with the upgrade if you decide to go that route

I'm getting a 75g if all goes well :

626dd83f-d047-3d5d.jpg

Picture of hopefully my next tank, has 2 glass holes overflows and return comes over the top.

I'm thinking of drilling the returns if possible.

Also plan for aquascape is use something like this
626dd83f-d079-747d.jpg

And set the rock on it so it looks like a cave/nice place to mount some coral.

My plan is stick to primarily lps and zoas, still trying ro figure out how to keep them on te sand without getting same in them :x

Some horrible pictures, but figured I'd shoiw everyone how the tank si doing. Anyone have recommendations how to take better ones lol camera is a SD 790IS Cannon.

IMG_4289.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

howze01

NJRC Member
Looks like someone got some frags in! How are they looking?

Tank looks good...too bad you're braking it down soon!