• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bubble Algae

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Nitrates are 12.5ppm. Unable to locate my Phosphate test kit so will have to order another one. I have high nutrients and assume that cause the small ball of cheato Mark_C gave me has out grown that small fuge in just under 3 weeks.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
My tank after a3 day black out. I did lose the grow out frags; my large Acro fell on to my nepthia. Acro bleached and kept his should bounce back. All items are on back order. Did a20g water change and added GFO. Some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20180425_190727_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180425_190727_hdr.jpg
    864.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180425_171514_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180425_171514_hdr.jpg
    877.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180425_171507_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180425_171507_hdr.jpg
    810.4 KB · Views: 11

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Another mystery solved.
My skimmer has been going nuts for almost a month after adding ChemiClean to it. I added carbon, Phosguard, GFO all at different staged still no good. Even raised the skimmer and still nothing. Then it hit me; I checked the sump and water level was to high. I ended up taking out about 4g of water and now its working normal. I have now placed blue painters tape on the sump chamber for future reference.

erics210

NJRC Member
Sometimes get that just prior to red slime outbreak. More flow, water change and maybe siphon sand a bit

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Finally received my phosphate test kit. I get 0.25ppm currently.

My lights are at 10% white / 20% blue. Only four hours a day. Should I increase duration to 6hrs per or intensity?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Its .25. I ordered it cause they had one day shipping which was delayed. I'm sure the phosphate was much higher before I started black out and water change. Will see where it goes from here. Also ordered Vibrant but not coming til May 7.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Vibrant will bring down your nutrients fast. Start slow and, make sure to monitor nutrients daily. I ran into an issue because I left GFO reactor running, and didn’t monitor nutrients. They bottomed out. Some of my corals REALLY did t like it.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Tank is slowly getting back to normal.
ALK-9
CAL-300
PHOS- Hard to tell color is between 0 & 0.25.
Add 5ml of calcium. All drop has been offline.
Just a few dinos hanging around.

Used vibrant twice so far and will start weekly doses than bi-weekly.

Attachments

• IMG_20180506_104642_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180506_104642_hdr.jpg
    866.3 KB · Views: 9