• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Classklown's 40B SPS Paradise

My 30 long was quite and I mean QUITE scratched up so I figured it was time for an upgrade. I'm limited with space so a 40 breeder was perfect for me and my room. I love the dimensions of the tank, especially coming from a foot width.

So I acquired the tank during my stores $1 per gallon sale and purchased a new black stand on the 23rd along with 40 lbs of sand. The process began on 9/23/12
7aregaja.jpg

I modified the plumbing from my old tank to fit on here, though the overflow and return are too close for my liking so I may change this down the line. I hung the lights which was the biggest PIA of the whole move and started filling and throwing the old rock in(not aquascaped) and corals were placed on frag racks.

2eta2yny.jpg

I took this time and removed any hair algae from the rocks as well as mushrooms and zoas that attached randomly

Next came the fish and cuc. They were all out and about within hours. Everyone made the transfer alive.

ju3u2aqe.jpg

3 days later (9/26) I went and bought some more rock from HR. After much research on aquascaping techniques I came up with a design that like very much.

Last edited:
Here is the scape I am happy with, the rocks are not touching the back or sides though it looks that way in the pics.

The two islands will have only sps and I will continue my zoa garden on the bridge in the bottom connecting them. There will be no LPS/softies with the exception of the one green plate I have and some Acans/Chalice on the sandbed :D

Attachments

• 40B 040.jpg
    40B 040.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 40B 039.jpg
    40B 039.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 40B 038.jpg
    40B 038.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 40B 037.jpg
    40B 037.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 225

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Awesome.... Im stealing this scape for my 57 gallon... very nice

Few shots of some coral..they seem to be doing great. Can Anyone ID the first TWO please?

Attachments

• 40B 042.jpg
    40B 042.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 40B 047.jpg
    40B 047.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 40B 048.jpg
    40B 048.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 40B 049.jpg
    40B 049.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 180

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
where are you placing your zoa... I moved mines from the frag rack that is almost at the top of the tanks to the bottom of a 2 ft tank and they dont seem happy...

where are you placing your zoa... I moved mines from the frag rack that is almost at the top of the tanks to the bottom of a 2 ft tank and they dont seem happy...

Mine are on a combo of 3 shelf rocks on my sand bed and are happy as can be, they were the sam way in my old tank just slightly higer up. whats your lighting?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Loving the aquascape. I really want to do more of an open scape in my tank just seems like such an undertaking with my tank as packed as it is right now. I still have that frag if you're still interested in a trade. Can't wait to see your tank fully stocked. Keep up with the updates

Loving the aquascape. I really want to do more of an open scape in my tank just seems like such an undertaking with my tank as packed as it is right now. I still have that frag if you're still interested in a trade. Can't wait to see your tank fully stocked. Keep up with the updates

Thanks man and yes I am interested. Will you be at the dvrc swap by any chance? Don't worry ill have plenty of updates

Sent from my SGH-T769

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Sorry for the delay with a response been workin like crazy to get ready for my trip. I can't make the dvrc swap I'm leaving the country that day. Ill be back the 14th. Hopefully we can get together after that

Sorry for the delay with a response been workin like crazy to get ready for my trip. I can't make the dvrc swap I'm leaving the country that day. Ill be back the 14th. Hopefully we can get together after that

hey no worries. if worse comes to worse we can just meet at our swap if your going. enjoy your trip

So now that my mini cycle has subsided, I'd like to add a new fish..possibly my last. Really like the flasher wrasses but I don't have a top. Looking for fish suggestions here's what I have currently:

Yellow tang
Tomato clown
Royal grammar
Blue stripe pipefish
Starry Blenny

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2