• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Classklown's 40B SPS Paradise

A friend of mine breaking down his nano. Sad to see a tank breakdown but I've been wanting mauls forever..

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

My new friend, falco hawkfish :) (pic is in lfs tank not mine) I'll keep you guys updated on how he does with my shrimp

u5anyta4.jpg

R.i.p Mr. purple pants(royal gramma) scooped him out today. Damn hawkfish best him up bad. Hope he's doing better at josh's. So now I'm down two fish. Any suggestions for a new tankmate? I have a yellow tang, tomato clown and a bluestripe pipefish

If interested I have a scooter blenny that is starting to get thin since there is no sand bed and the copapod population took a nose dive when I switched tanks. Let me know.

If interested I have a scooter blenny that is starting to get thin since there is no sand bed and the copapod population took a nose dive when I switched tanks. Let me know.

Thanks josh but I had a red scooter a long time ago and he jumped out of my tank..yes jumped. Only fish to ever do that lol

Yeah, scooters need more rock. I won't call the tang police on you, but I feel like my 240 is only barely big enough for my purple... They poop a LOT.

Yeah, scooters need more rock. I won't call the tang police on you, but I feel like my 240 is only barely big enough for my purple... They poop a LOT.

I've had him for a year now with no issues but I am well.aware of the size.issue and have a local friend who is two blocks away with a 120 6 ft. That will take him So I can still visit lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354463842286.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354463842286.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 130
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354463872982.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354463872982.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 121
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354463900286.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354463900286.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 115
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354463943959.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354463943959.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 115
So I plan I'm making my sump a 20L at the end of this semester. I'm doubting it will.fit through the stand door. What's the best way to move the tank out from the wall? I can remove the old sump and drain the tank about halfway maybe remove a few rocks.net I don't want to ruin my scape. Will that be enough to safely move it about a foot out?

welp my tank crashed on christmas day and i lost almost all of my sps and my miami hurricane chalice. acans zoas and lps were fine though as well as all fish..weird. Still not sure what caused it. I had a temp swing from 80 to 74 because my heater was unplugged but that is the only thing. also my alk was at 7ish but it has always been that way for months, I just never raised it because things were great. I now feel some of the pain that sandy victims felt. I just threw away hundreds of dollars today and some pieces that idek if i can find again :/.

njhc

Banned
sorry to hear bro I feel your pain, weird how they died. did you have an anemone or a large snail Doesn't sound like an temp issue to wipe out that much coral.

sorry to hear bro I feel your pain, weird how they died. did you have an anemone or a large snail Doesn't sound like an temp issue to wipe out that much coral.

Thank you and I know I'm very confused myself. No large snails and I don't keep anemones. I figured bows my time to get my parameters "in check" since.I have nothing to lose.really. So my alk is at 8.5dkh and Cal around 440 and I'll be setting up a ato to dose topoff plus kalkwasser this weekend

Well my last post was the end of the nightmare going on in my tank. In the time thats passed I set up an ATO with kalk and have had my alk stable at about 8.5-9dkh and cal at about 440. I tested a few starter sps like birdsnest and poci and they have colored up like never before and grew fast, I then tried a milli and slimer and again great results, So i assume all is well now. I got an amazing deal of a guy named Darren(sportzfish) on reef2reef and went in on a order with Lance(cabj somethin lol). The frags arrived today and man he really hooked me up, like REALLY hooked me up. i highly recommmend him. I will post pictures later but I recieved 14 frags in all, All LE sps frags. Heres a list of some of my favorites:

Red dragon :)))
Hawkins
shawn bennet yellow tort
Ultimates Rainbow stag
Jose Candlelight
and many more.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Those are some nice frags. Sounds like you have everything back under control and the paradise will be reborn.

Those are some nice frags. Sounds like you have everything back under control and the paradise will be reborn.

Haha let's hope so.

Here's a few shots just minutes after being added to the tank

Red dragon
qyzutuzy.jpg

Upscales microlados
enaze4ub.jpg

Hawkins
y3e9ajyj.jpg

ATL shades of fall
4eta7upu.jpg

Shawn Bennet yellow tort
peze8a3e.jpg