• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Corals Issue

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Salinity - 1.026
pH - 8.0 (I swing between 7.9 and 8.0)
Amm - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 15
Mag - 1540 (I aim for 1390)
Cal - 495 (I aim for 450)
Alk - 8.4 (I aim for 9)

Thats after a week of trying to get my numbers right. Much better but still need work.

Salinity - 1.026
pH - 8.0 (I swing between 7.9 and 8.0)
Amm - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 15
Mag - 1540 (I aim for 1390)
Cal - 495 (I aim for 450)
Alk - 8.4 (I aim for 9)

Thats after a week of trying to get my numbers right. Much better but still need work.
I wouldn't even worry about your pH. Sometimes the less numbers we know the better.

Sounds like you're getting there. Looks like you need a little more time to dial in the calcium and magnesium which isn't a significant detriment, and your alk is much better. Varrying between 8-9 isn't bad. Alk changes all the time in the course of a day sort of like pH anyway if you have the demand and are dosing. That said, as long as you're within 1 dKH variability I'd say you're good! Keep it stable for a couple weeks and we'll send you that care package.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I knew that about pH that why I only test for it once a week now out of habit. Only if it way off would I be worry about that.

I think my cal/mag are off due to getting my salt level up so hopefully they level out soon.

I will focus on the alk making sure to keep it in range this week.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Well I think I got my alk to stay in line. I been so busy this week that I have not gotten the time to test every day like I wanted but I just tested and I am at 8.4 still

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Awesome man!! Wish you would've sent this a little bit earlier lol. UPS is done for the day. How would you feel about a care package on Wednesday?
That sounds good to me. Thanks. I wish I could had done it sooner but I been on the soccer fields all week. I finally got some time to sit down and do a test lol.