• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dan's 150 Rebuild

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Yup it's a return pump. I've had it for a little over a month now. Doing research before I bought it it's the same pump as the reef octopus version and is the same as the gen 1 waveline dc pumps.

Yes Carib sea floor special grade sand. I was referring to the diablo dc pumps not jabeo. I don't trust jabeo.

Oh I'll pass on the sand, I want a more fine sand. But thanks for offering!!

And thanks Kev. I'll give it a read. Oh and I'll be cutting your frags tonight by the way

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Dan's UPGRADE 150G

No problem man. Let me know when they are ready and we can set up pickup. Thanks again.

The Jebao DC6000 mentioned above has very good specs vs. price on Ebay. Compared to the Rio hyperflow -

Rio 26HF....................$77shipped...................1,500gph...............100watts...............1,200gph at 6' head
Jebao DC6000............$125shipped..................1,500gph................40watts................? ? ?

The Jebao just doesn't show the flow curve so can't see flow at 6 feet, which is usually my gauge. And it's still more out of pocket up front, always a tough call.

Yeah it seems like its just one of those calls where either would be fine, just depends on the long haul. Like my Mag 9.5 I've had for over a year and never had a single problem with it. Do they make a bigger Mag?

Ohhh maybe ill just look into them since I've had good experience. I actually knew they made those ones, just completely forgot! Lol thanks anyways tho

Eh maybe not. The mag 12 is 110w and the mag 18 is 150w.

What kind of gph should I push for? My tank is gonna be mostly SPS and zoas

What's your overflow rated for? That's the first consideration. You may have to use a ball valve to limit the flow from your return pump(another plus to the DC pumps), so it doesn't exceed the overflow capability. I would use circulating pumps to provide the necessary flow within your tank.

To be honest I don't know. Its a glass holes overflow. Let me ask him if he remembers. And I do plan on getting 2 wp60s for flow inside

The Mag pumps are bulletproof, meant to last and built that way. But the drawback is high power draw and heat. I used to use several Mag18s for returns but it was just too costly to run them 24/7.

I'm running a rio hyperflow 32 on my system. I love it, quiet, low draw, high flow. It's running my 90, reactors, and nano with plenty of room for more. I would think that would be more then enough to handle that tank.

I'm running a rio hyperflow 32 on my system. I love it, quiet, low draw, high flow. It's running my 90, reactors, and nano with plenty of room for more. I would think that would be more then enough to handle that tank.

Now Im probably gonna sound like a dummy but how do you have it running your reactors? I'm confused by that. With my GFO reactor, I have a seperate pump for it.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Simply "T" of of your return line and add a ball valve to control the flow and hook up to your reactor. Here's my frag tank plumbing.
sezaqedu.jpg
de4ujane.jpg

One feeds my carbon/gfo reactor and the other feeds the biopellets. Everything is run by a mag 5 instead of separate pump for return and each reactor.