• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dan's 90G Reef

Took it all back apart. Bought a gallon of cleaning vinegar about a month ago to clean out a small tank but now I'm using it to soak the pump in. I'll wait til tomorrow and see how it is. Hopefully it helps

If all else fails, bang it on something while it is plugged in. Sounds crazy but I gotten multiple pumps to start back up this way lol

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Yeah I took a few smacks at it already Lol just from having it in vinegar for over an hour, there's already crap coming out of it so I'm hoping by tomorrow after work, it'll be like brand new. If all else fails. I'm gonna order a new pump. Probably won't get it til after Xmas tho which stinks but oh well

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I hope you opened up the pump and removed rubber gaskets, etc. By opening it up, and pulling out the impeller, it eases the cleaning.

Well a more than a day into a bucket of cleaning vinegar and still absolutely no sound from the motor

I think its safe to say, its dead..

Lol I'm gonna completely clean it off and then see. I ordered another one just to be on the safe side. Not gonna throw this one out just in case it decides to work lol

Yeah the motor is completely dead. Hammer isn't working Lol

On another note, my alk has dropped to under 9° and my calcium is slowly coming back up. New pump was ordered and did a 5g water change yesterday. Everything seems to be doing okay now. Lost a few pieces but I'm glad that's all so far

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I'm almost positive that pump has a 1 yr warranty. Not sure how old it is but it may be worth looking into.

Well I'm waiting for my new pump, supposed to be here tomorrow :)

I think I solved my alk/calc issue tho. Everything is stabilizing so that's good. I have to cut up a few colonies though to avoid complete bleaching out :/

Has anyone that used BRS Soda Ash experienced crystallizing inside of the container??? The bottom of my container is a solid now, well part of it is

I've noticed that when it gets cold It will crystallize. Warms up and it's fine again. I keep my extra in the garage where it gets pretty cold though.

Just got done chopping up 4 different colonies to prevent complete bleaching
tyneraju.jpg
2emudequ.jpg

So its official guys, me and the girlfriend will be moving about 4 mins away to a townhouse in the same complex Lol figures, just when I get everything back to normal, I gotta think about tearing it all down and moving it.

Supposed to move the first week of Feb. Just wanted to see if anyone knew any tricks of the trade for moving around a fully stocked tank?