• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dan's 90G Reef

So its official guys, me and the girlfriend will be moving about 4 mins away to a townhouse in the same complex Lol figures, just when I get everything back to normal, I gotta think about tearing it all down and moving it.

Supposed to move the first week of Feb. Just wanted to see if anyone knew any tricks of the trade for moving around a fully stocked tank?

Upgrading is an excellent trick :)

Oh trust me, I thought of that. Girlfriend thinks I spend money quicker than I get it in Lol which is true.

Plus, doesn't seem like anyone has anything I'm interested in. AND the fact that my gf just paid for half of my new canopy lol

Get rubbermaid tubs of water made up at the new place, ready for refilling the tank. Drain your water into buckets or more rubbermaids and stick the livestock in there. Rock you can just box up if it doesn't have corals since its such a short distance.
Drain the dirty water that will be at the bottom after you remove all the rock and coral and fish, then you should probably dump the sand and have rinsed new sand ready at the new place. Clean up whatever of the tank you want to clean and then move the hardware and tank and stand over.

Re fill going new sand, then some water, arrange rocks and corals, finish filling and get it running.

That's the way I've always moved tanks, and I've moved a looot

Rubbermaid containers is a good idea. Less to move but a lot heavier Lol.. I really wish I could upgrade, it would make life soo much easier

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
+1 to Xavier…..but he left out the most important part. You will need at least on case of cold Yuengling Beer. This is used to attract club members to your house to help with the move. Just be aware that the move is over when the Yuengling is gone…so not too much, and certainly not too little.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NOTE TO THE EXCUTIVE BOARD: Sobo and Cdiggy need to be immediately excommunicated from the club for there total disregard for the official club beer, and not to mention, the oldest brewery in the United States. This is down right heresy on the part of these two members. You are lucky I did not call for you two to be hung and quartered, and tarred and feathered, not necessarily in that order. :eek: :grin:

You need to understand that Yuengling, to most club members, is like the bug zapper light to a bug. They are drawn in with their minds in neutral, and will do almost anything for a sip of this elixir. You are not getting it for yourself, but for all the bugs being attracted to the light. Get whatever “pinkys-out” drinks you want for you and Cdiggy, but again, I’d highly suggest the Yuengling for all the “bugs.” :D

NOTE TO THE EXCUTIVE BOARD: Sobo and Cdiggy need to be immediately excommunicated from the club for there total disregard for the official club beer, and not to mention, the oldest brewery in the United States. This is down right heresy on the part of these two members. You are lucky I did not call for you two to be hung and quartered, and tarred and feathered, not necessarily in that order. :eek: :grin:

You need to understand that Yuengling, to most club members, is like the bug zapper light to a bug. They are drawn in with their minds in neutral, and will do almost anything for a sip of this elixir. You are not getting it for yourself, but for all the bugs being attracted to the light. Get whatever “pinkys-out” drinks you want for you and Cdiggy, but again, I’d highly suggest the Yuengling for all the “bugs.” :D

I agree, but my heart is with riverhorse hop hazard. Cheers!

Haha you're too much, I agree with ya tho, like bugs to the zapper. However, I don't think drinking numerous beers than transporting MY fish tank and livestock is so smart :) recipe for disaster if ya ask me. Lol

Gotta agree with cdiggy and Dan here Paul, sorry. Now a little Brooklyn Lager or better yet Newcastle and I'm there.

Dan good luck with the move and more importantly the new home. If I'm free when your ready give me a shout and I'll lend a hand.

Just tested my tank too, not sure when but my doser turned off, not sure if it was bc of a power loss or what so my alk dropped again... I mind as well say bye to all of my SPS if this keeps happening

Man you can't catch a break I think it's time to toss the doser and go back to the basic I like the interaction every night and I know exactly what my levels are
Don't worry buddy couple months I will be trimming and I will throw you some stuff