• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Date for the next dive...

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We should plan our next dive trip before the summer gets any further away from us! Who's in and when are we going?

UPDATE
We are going to do the Belmar basin Dive on August 19th. We will plan another dive after this one is under way.

Diving Attending

Mikem
John Phyl, Sierra, and Zachary
eholceker
mladencovic
mktank1 (Mitch)
Matt, Dawn, and the boys
Mavl666(Mark)
Wendy

Is it in local (NJ) waters? Is it with some diving shop that can provide equipment, or do you need to have your own equipment?

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Last year we went to the Belmar basin. It's a nice area where you can walk into the water and swim to the dive spot. We were looking for tropicals at the time. Apart from that, there's not a whole lot to see there.

I know a few members have some extra gear but you'd probably want to rent the stuff you need.

Personally, I'm too prone to sea sickness to arrange a boat dive in advance. I've learned my lesson on that!

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you guys decide to do a boat dive or wreck dive in the area, I will volunteer to act as your divemaster. I specialize in teaching and running Wreck Dives.

Phil Gordemer
Naui DiveMaster #35147

if you don't mind gaukers with children (my 3yr old daughter) watching from the beach I'm in ;) I can bring snacks :D I've been wanting to see what you guys catch since first reading that the tropicals show up here!

OK, I guess I am in, if I can find affordable place where I can rent the equipment, and the date does not collide with something else me and my family planned.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mushumatt. Welcome to NJRC. Glad you found us. The more the merrier. We do have a few divers that dove LBI. I think they said they caught everything we caught in Belmar. Keep checking in, they'll pop up sometime.

mladen. How much of the equiptment do you have to rent? Do you have all the basics like mask and fins?

I have an extra BC if anyone wants to use it.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mladencovic said:
OK, I guess I am in, if I can find affordable place where I can rent the equipment, and the date does not collide with something else me and my family planned.

Atlantic divers in Pleastantville (EHT) can rent you an entire package of Tanks, Weights, BC, Alternate Air (pony bottle) and regulaters for around $40.

609-641-7722

I can't gaurrentee you will get a discount, but you can mention my Name (Phil Gordemer). I am a divemaster and assistant instructor for them.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey Mushmatt, welcome to NJRC. As Mike said, the more the merrier. I used to dive out of LBI all the time. Boat dives mostly at the time. Haven't dove out of there in years though.

The Belmar boat basin makes for an easy, if not necessarily exciting dive!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Long sleeve, 6.5 to 7mm suits. Last year one of the guys wore a thinner suit and wound up getting a bit cold.

C

concept3

is it gonna be a sunday i hope, would love to man the bbq grill if that's allowed :)

would love to be there as well!