• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Date for the next dive...

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
eholceker said:
Mike,

Are you diving at the bay? If not I would check for diving restrictions. A lot of sites are of limits during certain hours due to boat traffic. I am down to go dive that day actually. Just recently finished up my nitrox class and working on my rescue divers cert. Keep me posted.

Where we dove last year there were no restrictions.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Phyl, I live near Deptford and work near the the Atlantic City Airport.

pgordemer, I'll definately check out Atlantic Divers. Right now I'm just trying to read up on as much equipment as possible and figure out what I'm going to get. Hopefully I'll be ready for the next dive.

Does anyone have the Belmar basin address? I'd like to go take a look at the area.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome to NJRC, Mitch. Great that you can make it that day. Do you get a lot of diving in?

Unfortunately not. Certified a few years ago and maybe 10-15 dives since then. All in the carribean. I will have to check the gauge of my wetsuit (probably too thin)and will be renting the rest of the equipment from the place mentioned in this link.

Is there a lot to see on these dives usually? Collected?

Thanks!

Mitch

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It certainly pales by comparison to the beautiful waters of the carribean! Vis is generally awful (arms length?) We picked up a few seahorses, some butterflies, etc. But for alot of us it is just an excuse to go under water! Besides, the company's good.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
bump1.gif

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Myself, Dawn and possibly the boys will be there for support. I can also bring my seine net.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm out but I've gotten the lion to eat frozen so I should be OK until next weekend.

Thanks, though!

I'm not sure. Up to him since he would be the one diving. Maybe he can dump me off at the real beach..now there's an idea!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I didn't realize this was almost here already!

I will call the dive shop on Monday and see if they have gear to rent. Like a dumb*** I forgot to log any of the dive info ::) I know I needed more weight because I didn't compensate for the thicker wetsuit....But I'll be damned if I remember what weight I started with!

I am 90% in for this dive (got the "Beach pass" from my wife, which is the biggest hurdle) but would love to talk with someone live to get some more basic info.

Would anyone mind speaking with me on the phone for a few minutes?

215 817-5791

Thanks very much!

Mitch

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have an extra 7.5mm wet suit if anyone is interested. 2 piced farmer john style size large.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mkbtank1 said:
I am 90% in for this dive (got the "Beach pass" from my wife, which is the biggest hurdle) but would love to talk with someone live to get some more basic info.

Would anyone mind speaking with me on the phone for a few minutes?

215 817-5791

Thanks very much!

Mitch

Mitch, we're tied up until around 7:30 but either Phyl or I will call you after that.