• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Date for the next dive...

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JohnS_323 said:
Their dogs are normal size but there's something about the way they do them that's fantastic. The best part is you can get 6 of them with everything, plus a soda and it only costs like $5!

Anyway, I think we agree that it could definitely be done as a day trip.

Statements like this are the reason we get along so well!!

debfife said:
At least you guys will be able to sink there!
;D

I will have to pass this dive though :( With school starting for 3 kids, bunch of birthdays and aniversaries, my wife will find something really very efficinet for me to sink if I go ;)

Dalia and I are now certified and really want to dive. I couldn't make it the 19th but hopefully the next shore or Dutch dive will fit into our schedule.

Eric

I dived shark river inlet(BELMAR) last Fri. At 3rd ave and A st. There are a lot of tropicals in now. I saw spotfin butterflies a second type of butterfly that I have not seen there before, an atlantic burfish (puffer) and grouper. Last year I a saw damsels.
I have a slurp gun and a lot of extra gear. I know people that caught Queen angels, lion fish and squirrel fish there but after about 75 dives there I have yet to see an angel. This dive site must be done at slack water. Good luck and good vis to you....Craig.

I Got in the water yesteday in Belmar and had a good day diving. The vis was around 20 feet. I caught 2 queen angels a damsel and a snowy grouper. Plus the usual spotfins.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
And you didn't invite the rest of us!? Shame on you!! Sounds great. Any pics of the fish? Tiny ones? I'm jealous and craving a dive!

What's everyone doing on Sunday?

The angels are nickel size damsel 1 1/2 inch spotfins 1 1/2 grouper was 2 1/2 inches. I will try and post some pictures. I work on a tug boat and will be getting off in a week from today. I will be diving again next week if anyone wants to go. High water should be around 11 or so on that fri. I will have to check the tide book.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Off to MACNA that Thursday/Friday so unfortunately we won't be around.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

I have a slurp gun but found its hard to get the fish positioned in front of the gun to slurp them up and sometimes you wind up getting a lot more than fish in the gun. It also could hurt the fish. So lately I have been usin a 3inch diameter acrylic tube about a foot long with a cap on one end. I lay the tube on the bottom close to the fish and just try and puresway the fish into the tube. then quikly put a hand over the open end. I bring a couple of plastic bags with me. I take my hand off the open end slide a bag over it and let the fish swim into the bag. I got lucky with the grouper. As soon as I put the tube down the fish swam into it thinking it made a new home. These fish are not going to make it back into the open sea and will soon die here so I collect them and give most to friends. I would guess one of the zip tie containers you could get from home depot would work.

I don't think I'm going to make it to MACNA - so if anyone wants to dive on Sunday, 9/16 let me know. Or even on the 23rd before the meeting (depending on the tides)

Eric

fleetweek556.jpg