• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Date for the next dive...

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well it was another great time with some great friends. Wasn't much collecting of fish done on this trip, but we did collect some good conversation and memories

We will definitely have to do this again before the weather gets cold. Next time I will bring some cinder blocks and maybe we wont't float as much.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had fun too, even though I could only bob around on the surface...Don't know what was up with the buoyancy problems today!

Too bad we couldn't get a bunch of those Windmill hot dogs for the meetings! Those things are crazy huge!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had a great time, too. Sure it was a lot like swimming in a mud puddle (or bobbing at the surface in some cases) but it was still a lot of fun. I didn't see as many tropicals as I did last year but did manage to see a few.

I'd be up for trying to get out one more time but our weekends are pretty busy until mid-October. The way the seasons are shifting, we could probably still go in October. I'm sure a few of us "thicker" guys wouldn't mind if it were a little cold!

I agree about trying to get some of those Windmill dogs for a meeting. Those things are kickin'!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mid October should still be fine for a dive. Shouldn't be as much boat traffic either at that time of year.

Windmill does do parties. I'm sure we could probably get a couple dozens dogs. Hell maybe we can get them to donate to our cause. :D

eholceker

NJRC Member
the water temp should be just as warm next month and into october. the tropical season is sill very early. Mid september are when the most are available...

We got a flyer from our dive shop the other day. They're doing a shark river dive in September. I have to see what the date it. There's no charge for the dive just a show up kind of thing. Might be good to go with others that know shark river. They only allow diving there when the busy summer season is over.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bummer. Shark River is a fun dive. We did it at night once with our dive team, way back when (when you could still swim out to the wreck off of Long Branch without the Nuns getting all twisted up). That would be a great dive for our next trip. I'm not sure if it is as good for finding tropicals or for making a family event though. Anyone done Shark River Inlet "recently"?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think DS makes a better weekend trip rather than just a day trip. Anyone know how far away it is.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I checked it out. It's about 10-15 minutes away from another great hot dog place that I know of. This place is just the opposite of the Windmill. Their dogs are normal size but there's something about the way they do them that's fantastic. The best part is you can get 6 of them with everything, plus a soda and it only costs like $5!

Anyway, I think we agree that it could definitely be done as a day trip.

Don't talk hot dogs around the pregnant lady unless you plan on taking her there!
Is this the dirty water kind of hot dog place that I've been dreaming about for the last 5 months?