• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

dnov99's 260 Gal eye candy thread...

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Darren, I hate you!.... Errrr I mean, can you adopt me and put me in your will please? :biggrin:

Seriously though, tell Matt he took some great pics, but when you have subjects like that it's probably not that hard, lol. Awesome stuff bud.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Just beautiful Darren!!!

Thanks Bax. Here you go with the much requested FTS. On a sad note this tank will be torn down for the second time, as the seams are failing again due to the fact that I used a terrible tank builder. This is the second time in 2 years I am doing this and I will not be using them again for obvious reasons. UGHHHHHHHH!!!

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

Darren, Really sorry to hear about the tank,I couldnt imagine going thru this just once,let alone again.Worst nghtmare made a reality.Hows the sayin go"third times a charm"? gd luck and let us know if we can help in any way..

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow, that's a shame Darren. The tank looks even better than when I saw it at the meeting.

I can't believe you ghave to tear this down again. let me know if you need any help, im right around the corner.

howze01

NJRC Member
Really sucks Darren. I was talking to Will about it the other day, I couldn't believe it when he told me! Any ideas for the new tank? Going bigger? Peninsula again?

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Thanks everybody. Yes it really sucks, but what are you going to do. I am having the new tank built as we speak by Justin Muir at City Aquarium in NYC. They are the best and obviously a different builder than the original 2. It will be the same exact tank just built properly. I will have it delivered and do the entire switch in one day. It wont be that bad, we have a very good game plan and the guys at AO are awesome and will be here. I am actually thinking of throwing a tank breakdown party so stay tuned. There will be lots of frags, unfortunately. LOL

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you on this one Darren. It is absolutely CRAZY that you have to do this again! You know what they say, third times the charm! Did you do the switch in one day last time? That sounds like a plan, I'd love to see this happen, did you ever get a surveillance cam to watch the tank??:highly_amused: If you would like help, let me know, but I think you may get too many offers and hope it doesn't hinder progress with the switchover. Good luck Buddy!:nervous