• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

dnov99's 260 Gal eye candy thread...

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I know Don its out of control, I am just beside myself. This time will be much easier as the last tank was going to bust at any moment so we had to break it down ASAP and move everything to the basement. This time the tank has a few years before it will fail, so the new tank is being built now and should be here in 4 weeks. I will put any coral that is not encrusted in the basement and the remaining rock and fish will be placed into two 125 gal rubbermaids with heat and powerheads that day. We empty the tank do the rockwork and refill it all with the same water and add the fish. Its not nearly as bead as what we went thru 2 years ago.

Jon, I wouldnt put it past Will to close for a party at my house!!

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Well some good news to report, the new tank is way ahead of schedule and should be done in a week. These guys are top-notch, I cannot wait to get this done.

download

At least your doing it in one day. Unlike me. It took me close to a month just to do the transfer and I'm still not done. Good Luck with everything.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Laughing at everybody's comments! I am glad that I can still laugh about this unreal situation. Just want to get it done at this point.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Well we finally switched out tanks yesterday, much to my relief!! Many thanks to Ethan and Will from AO and Stan(Smcooler) and everybody else who helped. Mike (MNAT) did an amazing job of drinking beers and eating our food!! Everything went as smooth as it possibly could have.

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

howze01

NJRC Member
Hmmmm. Bare bottom huh? Any particular reason why?

I wish I would have known yesterday was the day, I would have been glad to join Mike.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Tough job but somebody had to do it. BTW I will ignore the calls when you need someone to grab something off the bottom of the tank.

howze01

NJRC Member
Tough job but somebody had to do it. BTW I will ignore the calls when you need someone to grab something off the bottom of the tank.

I'm there to help! If Mike can reach I'm sure I can too. As long as it's keep what you grab.