• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

'Drink Dispenser Pico' challenge?

horseplay

NJRC Member
I like the $100 limit and size limit. Everything else is optional. What if you already have a light or heater do you count them towards the $ limit?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I found a 2.5 or 3 gallon goldfish bowl in my attic I may use. It is narrow say 4 or 5 inches but wide viewing area in front and back.

I would just like to say if you spend more them 100 bucks just on equipment your seriously not grasping the idea of a vase reef. The most expensive thing should really be the light I can see the cost going up when you start purchasing coral and live stock but that's buyer preference now if you guys just want to me like a really cool small tank kinda like a nano version of what thoseems guys on the show tanked are doing that's cool too but I keep seeing people say 200 bucks on here and I'm think what the hell are the buying that's gonna cost 200 dollars on a 3 gallon tank lol I mean the thing better run it self and do its own water changes for that price

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So far...
$15 2.5g jar from HomeGoods
$7 heater from Dr Jim
$7 dry rock from Dr. Jim (curing now)
$6 for airline and stones
Have eyes on a $40 light
Have some aragonite sand in a bucket somewhere.
I should come in at approx $75 for all equipment.

Now thinking about building a simple countertop stand to hide the equipment and powerstrip.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I also have my light, I'm working in a heater right now and where to put it...so the wife doesn't see it

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
this sounds like a great time but I can't compete cause got too much going on. As mark said there is a voting thread going which closes on the 8th. Once it closes we will create the forum as long as the yes wins it (which I see happing cause its already 12 to 0).

I'm excited guys but let's not get ahead of our selves, we are waiting for the poll to close on this and then I feel we should put together a commitee to establish rules and guide lines a time line and of course how to judge and score these projects