• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ds4x4's Perfecto 220g Build

Let me know if you find the bio actif locally. I think only premium sells it as of now and i heard thier on backorder, Dont know if its true though. But i rather buy from an lfs and save shippin cause its alot of cash as it is.
Ton of pics btw- Nice

one of my Actinic bulbs was not lighting up properly so i replaced it with a 6000K bulb. hopefully i'll see some faster growth

i'm thinking about getting a new HOB skimmer like a ASM or Hydor etc not a cheapy for this tank. having such a massive surface area of water in the basement might prove to be problematic again. infact i migh t look to move everything from the basement to under the tank and leave the piping in so i can drain and pump up water from downstairs.

but who am i to say, we want to add a second floor to the house and make the living room bigger so maybe a Re-Upgrade ? it really never ends

I found Tropic Marin Bio Actif Locally (wasnt able to order it yet though) if i can get a few by the meeting i'll have some if anyones interested. Around $100 =/- i think is the cost

i've decided to buy a Lifereef Compactrefugium (dunno the exact date when yet). it will fit inside the stand nicley and everything will be in one spot including the skimmer. I'll use less Electricity then I do now, less surface area for evaporation and my tools in the basement wont Rust instantly.

just have to get to the 1100 price tag.

My friend bought one for his 72, chuckstyl5. Pretty sick sump, real quality work. He got the skimmer built in as well, Id hate to get that nice work all dirty ;D

well after buying a new cooler to bring our desert up and making it about 30ish miles in an 1 hour 30 mins we decided to head back and turned towards Aquarium Center which ended up being 10mins away and picked up some new inhabitants and a have to go back for some other stuff this week
anywho, new to the tank,

3 Tiger Gobies and a Copper Band butterfly.
DSC03342.jpg

smallest Longspine urchin i've ever seen. 3 sexy shrimp and a mushroom. Also picked up another bright green mushroom and a encrusting sps
DSC03343.jpg

DSC03344.jpg

got some interesting shots tonight with the lights out. the sexy shrimp are out and climbing on everything and the Coral Banded shrimp has quite the Egg mass under it. Im getting p'd at the computer not being able to zoom in and save the picture, so if anyone wants the high res shot of the CBS let me know

DSC03363.jpg

DSC03357.jpg

DSC03358.jpg

if anyone knows of a decent but not expensive program to do this i would appreciate it. or a free one with no virus

i think i kinda figured out how to do this on the camera itself, but photobucket destroys the quality of the image.

DSC03409.jpg

What's the max file size you upload on photobucket?

Sorry if I missed it too, but what kind of camera are you using?

wanna send me a full res pic, I can play with it a bit on photoshop and post it up with your name on it?

i just upped it to 1MB which is as high as it will go but they ended up looking pretty much the same with different sizes. im using a Sony DC-H1 5.1mp with a 12x zoom. far from fancy.

this acro is starting to really take off now that i have the 6k Aquaticlife bulb in. I'm curious to how everything is going to react now that my 8x54w nova is back on it's legs instead of sitting right on the tank ledge. i also think i'm going to break my sump setup down, change it up a little and run skimmerless for a few till i get a external skimmer maybe a Red sea c-skim 1800 ..

acro.jpg

thats a cool pic of the egg cluster. i scored a little piece of the grape algae a while back but for some reason it didnt do well in my tank. i was bummed cuz it is pretty neat. nice tank!

moving forward with the tank. i'm cutting my sump volume in half, reducing the size of my return pump while bringing my oceanic sump off the floor. getting a smaller skimmer, investing in a Controller RKE/APEX (undecided still) and a RO/DI setup.

Gunna try some NSW i bought, still looking for Bio-Actif locally and trying out some of the new Instant Ocean products such as nitrate reducer and Reef Booster

after doing some more research i think that the RKE is going to be my controller. and it is between the SWC Extreme Mini S Cone skimmer and the Red Sea C-Skim 1800.

SWC- cone skimmer, uses the PSK Sicce 2500 with a pinwheel/mesh and volute reducer located under the skimmer body. In sump skimmer and water height needs to be maintained.

Red Sea- external Recirculating Skimmer, uses the PSK Sicce 2500 with a Pinwheel. requires a pump for inlet water or plumbing from Drain line.

i like the Sicce pumps. I also like SWC skimmer as the MSX i have now is really a SWC. but i like the External skimmer as i dont need to have space in the sump nor do i have to worry that the water height is correct. I also am watching my power consumption and actually thinking of using Solar Panel or Wind generation to power my skimmer. as the PSK only draws 25watts. and most small wind/solar produces 100watt + any ideas welcome

cant make up my mind whether to cut out some baffles on my Oceanic Model 3 sump for the SWC skimmer yet.. got the sump moved onto a stand and re-plumbed my mag-18 in as a return pump. everything is much quieter without so much water falling. pics tomorrow.