• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ds4x4's Perfecto 220g Build

If you need salt dr jim got some tropic pro reef for a nice price, and Ocean gallery has the brightwell salt now. Just lettin ya know

thanks Nick. im gunna pick up some IO tomorrow and stop at Dr Jims in september when we have money lol.. if not I'll wait till macna

were you using red sea pro? Be happy to give you a bucket to help out - but i'm a bit north of you. Maybe when you're up here for Dr. Jim I could somehow meet to give it to you.

i had gotten the pro and regular Red Sea salt from them. might take you up on that when we head that way again. the big system is nice but you use soo much of everything lol. salt, medicine, carbon.. everything is bigger.

time for a little update with pictures this time i promise :) Picked up some Beautiful Rock and corals from Terri + Anthony (adesimone1) which i have in my refuge and have gotten passes my screwup and algae explosion that came with it.
my Torch and Hammer seem to be making a comeback from skeletons which i am surprised to see.

after seeing Terri's tank int heir living room and seeing mine in that basement that never turned out to be "MY" place to hang out, i'm pretty sure that the tank is going to come to the living room or we may buy a Marineland Deep series. we may be combining her 55 into this tank or getting a nano, so the amount of clowns should be interesting none the less. This is a WIP :)
Purple Sea Whip
DSC02934.jpg

Acro?
DSC02933.jpg

Toadstool
DSC02937.jpg

Sharknose Goby
DSC02940.jpg

Cleaner Wrasse
DSC02941.jpg
DSC02942.jpg

Damicornis
DSC02943.jpg

Birdsnest
DSC02944.jpg

Catalina's Pick Acro
DSC02946.jpg

1 of the two arrow crabs
DSC02948.jpg

3 Occ. Clowns
DSC02947.jpg

male Mandarin the female is a little more shy than him
DSC02963.jpg

Here is a pick of the sump setup i have goin on..

DSC02960.jpg

DSC02964.jpg

and a shot of the refuge 75gal RR
DSC02959.jpg

a couple corals in the fuge on Terri's Rock
DSC02954.jpg
DSC02955.jpg
DSC02957.jpg
DSC02956.jpg

Ok heres two shots of the Rescue from Terri & Ant. they had him for 3 months i do believe after rescuing him and we are hopeful that his fins may partially regrow since he's still a juvi according to his colors. he's the character and amazing he can still swim (and be so fat) ;D
DSC02966.jpg

DSC02974.jpg

Terri and Ant did a great job putting nori in the tank and nubsy did all the rest haha.. he was eating 30 seconds after i put him in..

we put the vlamingi tang in tonight and wow is he a monster. beautiful show fish. Very very happy with him/her :)! it was very p'd at me and dark as could be. once in he lightened right back up

I see you have one of those tough bins from home depot in your sump, it came with a yellow top? I tried the same thing for a while but it took up too much room for me. You have any critters or fish in your sump to keep it clean

ea thats the one Nick. no i dont have anything in there.. some stomatella snails had made it to the sump before but other than that i just suck it out and into the filter sock then off to the washer.

just came up from getting the new sump setup filled and recirculating even has its own little skimmer.. hooked up the Marlin for this weekend. now just need to clean up down there and move the old refuge out of the way. countdown to coming upstairs haha!!

well the tank got left in the basement after a little group chat so i'm in the process of figuring out how to set up the marlin with everything i already have...

besides the fact that i am considering downsizing and putting two tanks into one i'm soooo ready to get this new Reeflo Marlin plumbed in. I'm also seriously considering going all T5 on this tank even though i really love the shimmer halides put out.

If the shimmer is the only thing making you hesitate about going T5 over MH, add a few high intensity LEDs. They provide a similar, if not the same, shimmer.

Some New Additions last night. dont mind the cyano, between the crappy salt i tried and not having a refuge tied in you get the point.

New Bubble
DSC02989.jpg

Lyretail Anthia Male
DSC02986.jpg

Purple Firefish
DSC02981.jpg

DSC02983.jpg

filter feeding cucumber
DSC02982.jpg

i got a starry blenny too and hes behind the Male Mandarin
DSC02990-1.jpg