• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ds4x4's Perfecto 220g Build

i think this weekend is gunna be the end for this tank and the 55 then up for sale.. I'm pretty settled on a Marineland 120 so we'll have equipment and some fish for sale here soon.

ds4x4 said:
i think this weekend is gunna be the end for this tank and the 55 then up for sale.. I'm pretty settled on a Marineland 120 so we'll have equipment and some fish for sale here soon.

LMK
I may want my tank back! :D

I can't officially have the name changed but a long day it has been and lots of empty beer cans and bottles of liquer we have a 120 up and running.. i almost ran out of room with the combination of two tanks. got alot of rock left and some corals to place. Need more lights too haha I almost bought an Aquaticlife fixture today but figured i would just order a 2 x250 halide fixture setup.

the 220 is now a FOWLR tank for the most part..

I have a 10" Valmingi for sale unfortunatly.. tomorrow we will decide on the Sailfin and two Yellow Tangs all 3"

DSC03027.jpg

DSC03026.jpg

DSC03003.jpg

If the sailfin is smaller I say keep it. The 120 is sort of the minimum but I have a decent size naso and a hippo in mine and they are happy and not stressed.

JRWOHLER said:
If the sailfin is smaller I say keep it. The 120 is sort of the minimum but I have a decent size naso and a hippo in mine and they are happy and not stressed.

I know but the sailfin acts like a little bully sometimes. he's a little over 3" and we took all the smaller fish and put them in this tank.

I was very surprised to see that with an upgrade/downgrade we had enough Rock/fish/coral/tank supplies, to run 1 sweet tank but not enough to run the two....

Your full tank shots are priceless, but what powerhead are you using?! I only see one power head in that whole tank! That must be one amazingly powerful PH!

a Magnum 6 on one side and there is a Modded Maxijet 12 tucked in the rocks. Mag 6 puts out 2200gph and maxi around 2300gph

The Official Downgrade/Upgrade tank.. got a Great deal on this tank from Delaware Premium Aquatics. the tank is a Marineland 120 Black Corner Flow with black stand and black silicone. dimensions are 48x24x24. lighting this tank is a difficulty for me since it's open top (no canopy) and the light i want is out of stock.

a 4X54 nova and 4 bulb PC light are lighting the tank. i'm using a Oceanic Sump being fed by a drilled rubbermaid tub housing the MSX-250. Currently running Lignite carbon 24/7 and my return pump is an External Reeflo Marlin all plumbed to the basement. Movement in the tank is acheived by the return pump and a single Wireless MP40W Gen2 on the right hand side set on Reef Crest mode.

We combined the fish we had and cherry picked all rock also added almost every coral to one tank.

DSC03037.jpg

DSC03044.jpg

DSC03047.jpg

DSC03046.jpg
DSC03052.jpg

DSC03041.jpg

DSC03055.jpg

DSC03056.jpg

DSC03057.jpg

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had the pleasure of seeing Brandon's tank in person today. It looks great, that pic doesn't do it justice. You did a great job on it Good luck with it.

Taz
PS Thanks for Nubsy!

no thanks for taking him.. glad he went to someone that is willing to buy nori in Bulk... haha get those kids a magnifying glass!

Tazmaniancowboy said:
Time to post some updated pics! I'd like to see how it's maturing :)

It's funny as soon as i got home i thought of this very thing then to see you post about it haha.

Cleaned the tank and light from months and months of neglect..... anyone need hundreds of asterina? So, I have lost one of the original 3 purple firefish as i think the pair has been mating and one disappears for a week or so. lost a blue polyp cap and my birdsnest. Other than that everything is growing. I'm using a 8x54 Nova Extreme with a Single Reflector lense and Reef Crsytals salt. I'm thinking of changing to Tropic Marin Bio-Actif after reading some posts on RC from Hans himself. also Very Seriously looking at LED lighting, electric bill being the Big Push but my dryer is also not working properly so who knows yet.

DSC03298.jpg

DSC03302.jpg

DSC03303.jpg

DSC03306.jpg

DSC03309.jpg

DSC03310.jpg

DSC03312.jpg

DSC03313.jpg

DSC03315.jpg

DSC03327.jpg

DSC03321.jpg

DSC03324.jpg

DSC03325.jpg

^ that crab is one of Two Emerald mithrax and theres an Acropora Crap in there somewhere. going to pick up a Porcelin crab or two another Acro Crab. and some sexy shrimp if i can find them local.. Looking for Tropic Marin Bio Actif at the moment.