• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Edwin's Dream 180 (6x2x2) planned build...

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Well equipment is starting to pour in... Just got the 180 in the house and the glasshole kit just arrived. I ordered some Fiji pink live sand (.5 sand bed)
Im ordering 3 AI this week.. deciding between vegas and hydras for the display... Going without canopy this time..

Can't wait!!!!!!!!! Hoping to setup by August 10th

Last edited:

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Few questions for the forum.. regarding the build...

1. Cant figure out how to secure the return line over the tank-lip and since I'm going naked over the top Not sure I can hide the pipe so I need to probably drill the return.... I purchased 3/4 bulkheads for the return and trying to figure out drill size.. Glass-holes says 1.5 and BRS says 1.38 (35MM). Which one should i get??? - I brought the bulkhead from Royal Pet Supplies

2. I want to paint the back of the tank and bottom black (semi-bare bottom) - Would Krylon Fusion work with this?

Last edited:
Edwin, I might have missed it but if your drilling for the overflow why not drill the return lines too?

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I was concerened about the extra back siphon... Assuming the off-chance that the tank would drain up to the actual loc-lines (regardless if I point them at the surface) that would be about 2-3 inches under the water line.. That could be an extra 7 gallons per inch of difference in the tank... Im keeping my current sump setup (minus the baffle between socks and skimmer...) since the water difference is only + 3 gallons. Right now that xtra inches will but me at the top of the sump (too close for my liking)....

Edwin, I might have missed it but if your drilling for the overflow why not drill the return lines too?

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
So I had the tank drilled by mr .paul ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375383175.476070.jpg

I then attached overflow and return and painted w/ arcylic paint (12 coats and 12 hrs later)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375383198.575395.jpg

Let air dry for 2 days ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375383266.559996.jpg
DeadHorse

So back to Home Depot for some safe and sturdy krylon fusion. Flat black

I also order my Sro 5000sss and my hydras

That it for updates. Planning on taking down the tanks this weekend

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I thought you were gonna use the Krylon Fusion from the beginning. Come'on Edwin , stop taking shortcuts.

I didnt trust myself with a spray paint... might starting putting graffiti all over Old Bridge lol

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Update.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376276068.531404.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376276083.610162.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376276097.936548.jpg

Tank is painted an on stand.
Sump is in.

Just need to order pump and get lights.

I ended up going with A 5 ft ati sunpower model.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Thanks to Kevin, Jose ( new guy) and Empire for the assist on this one. You can't do anything by yourself with a 6 ft tank!

Thanks guys.

And of course a big shout out to Paul for his tools and expertise.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Looks good Edwin, keep those pictures coming. Ill try to head up there this weekend if you still need the help

Thanks to Kevin, Jose ( new guy) and Empire for the assist on this one. You can't do anything by yourself with a 6 ft tank!

Thanks guys.

And of course a big shout out to Paul for his tools and expertise.
you welcome this jose AKA roman3310... what's up man. How's everything going over there