• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Edwin's Dream 180 (6x2x2) planned build...

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Wanted to get some comments for my stocking list....

Here is what I have:

1 coral beauty
2 picassos
2 snow flakes
1 purple tang
1 Blonde Naso
1 Regal blue tang
3 lyretail anthias
1 mandarin

Wanted list

Angels:
Red Sea Regal Angel

Wrasse
Male Rhomboid
Male Flame
Male Melanrus
Male Flasher Wrasse

Tang **heard they could mate into a hybrid
Gold Rim
Achilles

Maybe
3 barlett anthias harem

I know it seems like a lot .. but i would pare down based on inputs. I upgraded for the tangs so I really do want 5 of them in their (give me reason to upgrade to a 300DD in the future) LOL

-

I would not add both of those tangs...too similar and both are on the scrappy side. Think with that size tank 4 will be OK but would avoid just those two. All the others are different and play well enough with others. It is certainly going to be a beautiful bunch of fish.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I would not add both of those tangs...too similar and both are on the scrappy side. Think with that size tank 4 will be OK but would avoid just those two. All the others are different and play well enough with others. It is certainly going to be a beautiful bunch of fish.

Thanks James.... I agree with you.. Maybe I just get the hybrid Achilles\Gold rim... and be done with it

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Wanted to get some comments for my stocking list....

Here is what I have:

1 coral beauty
2 picassos
2 snow flakes
1 purple tang
1 Blonde Naso
1 Regal blue tang
3 lyretail anthias
1 mandarin

Wanted list

Angels:
Red Sea Regal Angel

Wrasse
Male Rhomboid
Male Flame
Male Melanrus
Male Flasher Wrasse

Tang **heard they could mate into a hybrid
Gold Rim
Achilles

Maybe
3 barlett anthias harem

I know it seems like a lot .. but i would pare down based on inputs. I upgraded for the tangs so I really do want 5 of them in their (give me reason to upgrade to a 300DD in the future) LOL

-

No comments..... I won't yell if you disagree.... :devilish: DeadHorse

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Here is what I have:

1 coral beauty
2 picassos
2 snow flakes
1 purple tang
1 Blonde Naso
1 Achillles
1 Regal blue tang
3 lyretail anthias
3 barlett anthias
1 sunburst anthias
1 mandarin
1 red scooter dragonette
1 regal angel (red sea)
1 harlequin shrimp
1 blue-headed wrasse

Future additions

Wrasse
Rhomboid Pair
Flame Pair
Linetus

Nice list!

My lineatus and rhomboid battled and after a year the lineatus killed the rhomboid. That being said I've seen people keep them together successfully. If you want to try them I'd suggest adding the rhomboid first.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Yes!!!!!!! even in a 6 ft tank. it didnt work. Crips (percula) bloods (ocellaris) thing i guess. I had to get the pcassos out for there own safety. they are in there new home courtesy of jgraz (a 15x15x12 frag tank)

any issues with two pairs of clowns?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Nice list!

My lineatus and rhomboid battled and after a year the lineatus killed the rhomboid. That being said I've seen people keep them together successfully. If you want to try them I'd suggest adding the rhomboid first.

Thanks. I was concerend about that too. based on ur feedback and mnats.. im concerned with the lineatus. But it has soo much more color compared to the rhombiod. Any feedback would be great. which one did u like best

Hard to say. Neither were what I would call supermales but I'd give a slight nod to the lineatus. Then again I've never seen a full blown male rhomboid in person. I have read that the female/juvenile lineatus are on the more aggressive side and wondered if I just had an unruly teenager. I've added several fish including a few wrasses in the past few months and it has completely ignored them. I may try an exquisite wrasse and see how he reacts to it.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
LOL.....I like "the Hood" reference of the Crips and Bloods. In my day, it was the Sharks and Jets.

Jets+vs+Sharks.jpg

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Its been a while since i've updated... Here are some pics
Full tank shot.jpg
Labutei wrasse.jpg
Lineatus.jpg
Male Flame Wrasse.jpg
Flame Wrasse.jpg