• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Elos store in millburn/short hills

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think I bought a skimmer (EV-120) from Rafal when I first got into the hobby. He seemed like a pretty nice guy to me, but the pump that came with it died about 3 months later. Not sure if he had anything to do with that or if it's just a coincidence. That's about the extent of my experience with him.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I actually just drove by it this weekend by accident, as I was in Millburn for something else. They are not open yet.

Guys,
They have been opening since before last summer. They are literally just a tank show room. From what my neighbor who picked up a tank told me is that not going to have any sellable live stock.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Guys,
They have been opening since before last summer. They are literally just a tank show room. From what my neighbor who picked up a tank told me is that not going to have any sellable live stock.
I disagree 1000% on this statement I know someone involved with the shop and they
are going to carry a full line of livestock.
Livestock systems may not be ready for the grand opening but they will have it at some point

I am interested in a Elos tank and just came from Aqua Studio in Millburn. You posts make the store sound shady. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with the owner. Thanks

I have to ask, Why an Elos tank? With all the other choices out there I just feel that the costs for the Elos system are too high and that buying a tank from someone else would be a much better financial decision.

I have to ask, Why an Elos tank? With all the other choices out there I just feel that the costs for the Elos system are too high and that buying a tank from someone else would be a much better financial decision.

It's kind of like asking why buy a Mercades when you could buy a Chevy?
Now I have never owned a Elos system nor would I ever pay the price for one.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Ok so this thread was just brought back from the dead from a year ago. There is another more recent thread that has a lot more feedback with the actual store vs speculation.

The place is not shady in the slightest and is probably one of the top places in the state.

I have an elos system and decided to get it because this will be my last tank ever and it is going in my living room so I wanted it to look amazing for the next 20 years. This tank accomplishes that and is amazing.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR

I am on my 3rd tank due to faulty seams and using a poor tank manufacturer. I would have paid triple what I originally did to avoid what I have been through the last few years. Basically every other tank manufacturer has horror stories about faulty seams and cracked tanks. You dont hear those stories about Elos tanks. I wish I would have had the opportunity to purchase an Elos tank 8 years ago when I was starting in the hobby...

I have an elos system and decided to get it because this will be my last tank ever.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!! Last tank ever....I said that a yr ago and look at me now....just might be getting another "last tank ever". In all seriousness....I was at Mike and Nikki's today and the tank is beautiful. Flawless seems, quiet overflow....just an all around grade A tank and if you can afford the extra money it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nice tanks but overpriced IMO. No tank will last forever. 20 years is a long time. Silicone will age / degrade on any reef tank. Then factor in scrapes from scrubbing the glass, scratches, etc and you'll want to replace it in 5yrs. Especially if using black silicone.

+ 1 agree Elos tanks are Mercedes enough said about the quality of this tank.

Also you will find nothing shady about Elos. I don't know Ralph the owner very well. I can say that he has been nothing but upfront and 100% honest with me. Seems to be a man of his word.