• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

evo bc29t

updated pictures:

day3
IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

for some reason it's still EXTREMELY cloudy. i don't mind so much cause i'll be doing a 50% water change every week for the next 3 weeks before absolutely any livestock goes in.

haven't really thought of doing a test on water as of yet cause i find it pointless when i have to go through cycle plus 3+ weeks before anything goes in.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
With our 30g with a MH fixture, it takes a lot of trial and error to get the temp just right. You have to figure out how long you can run the bulbs without spiking the temp. Also, with your new controller, you should be able to hook up the fans and lights to kick on or off if there is a temp spike.

yeah. thats what i'm currently doing but the fan is on 24/7 cause the temps are staying pretty high. i think it would cut off and on too often. i can wait 4 weeks when the temps begin to lower before i setup everything with livestock.

thanks for the comment mnat!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We have had our air conditioning running 24/7 for the past two months. When the breaker blew before that, we had bad heat issues and lost a bunch of corals and inverts. I am also waiting for the temp to drop just to get some fresh air in the apartment.

jr - where did you buy the fans? i was thinking of buying the azoo fans from eBay they look pretty efficient. and i just need my temps lowered about 2-4 degrees to put me at 78-80

can you show me how you have it clipped onto your tank? i need one that can hang off the rim of my tank. on the back portion.

I have a Euro brace so I have it in the back corner.....I will check the bottom tonight to see what sort of attachment you might be able to do.

I checked when I got home but didn't get back to you sorry. The base has four small rubber feet. There is not a place to attach anything to the bottom unless you took the feet out. It is quiet small 12CM diameter, perhaps on a small shelf behind the tank. It is enough to drop the temp in my tank 4F.

the cloudyness has cleared and with the fan/controller temps have been staying within the 77-80degree range.

is there a specific degree range in which can effect corals/fish?

additional buys to add to list:

R2 solutions moonlights via aquacave.com - 45$
jbj dual fans - 25$

+ 70$

next:

fuge light + chaeto
test kits
going with salfert - mg alk ca
reef master kit - ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, pH

though i think i will end up adding a pH probe to my RKL.

PH probe is cool I have one on my new AC Jr...it is the one thing I have setup right LOL.
I'm a bit shocked at my PH swings at night since I have the fuge on reverse light cycle I wonder what would happen if I didn't have it that way. :eek:

what's the difference in ph? i had a tank setup previous and had no monitoring what so ever but i think i did alright for about 6months.

I go from about 8.05 to 7.9 probably not terrible but one night without it it went to 7.76 ... watching it change is an intersting thing not sure if totally healthy obsession lol.

here are the new updated pictures of items bought. have yet to receive. should have everything up and ready by this weekend. so i'll take further setup pics then!

R2 solutions moonlights - 44 shipped via aquacave.com

r2signatureled1.jpg

2x Underwater 5w lights for fuge - 45shipped via inTank StevieT from nano-reef.com

Singlewintank.jpg

Jebo dual fan from ebay.com - 25shipped

Singlewintank.jpg

i picked the jebo fans over the azoo due to the fact that azoo needs to be clipped onto the rimless portion and wouldn't be as appealing. so i bought the jebo which can clip onto the backend portion. i would hope it has the same results. the price is the same. so can't say "you get what you paid for".

i also did buy my test kits. API salt water master test kit and reef master. i read reviews stating that they are fairly good. but i would still have to get a different test kit for MG. I'll try Elos MG when i'm ready for SPS.

I think for my initial staging i'll be starting with my zoa and ric garden. then i'll move onto one or two acans.