• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

February Meeting - Saturday the 21st in Jackson, NJ

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Say it ain't so Rich! I can't believe you won't be in town. *pout*

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
For a location on the map, Jackson is in Ocean County at roughly exit 22 on 195.

Bruce K said:
Exactly what are you implying?!?!?!

more food available due to one less individual/s being able to consume aforementioned nourishment.

AND

you will be missed!

I dunno if I can make it either, depends on how fast I can drive back from the west coast.. I took time away that week until the 23rd

more food for everyone +1

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
Say it ain't so Rich! I can't believe you won't be in town. *pout*
Welp, due to my sudden change in employment status (can't say I didn't see it coming), we won't be going skiing (think I can get my ski weekend in the new relief package?)and will be in town after all. So, hopefully we'll be able to make the meeting.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well... Yeay isn't exactly in order (job situation), but I'm glad that you & Dana will be able to make it after all!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
RichT said:
Welp, due to my sudden change in employment status (can't say I didn't see it coming), we won't be going skiing (think I can get my ski weekend in the new relief package?)and will be in town after all. So, hopefully we'll be able to make the meeting. 

Rich, I'm sure the Senate is currently working on a stimulus package just for you, as we speak.  Please expect a 50 million dollar private jet (on the taxpayer’s dime) to take you to your ski destination, as well as a multimillion dollar bonus (on the taxpayer’s dime) for doing squat.  Please excuses me if you don’t do squat, but if you do, you’re entitled to taxpayer dollars.

Looking forward to seeing you at the meeting!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The crowd is usually pretty mixed. A few young whipper snappers and a few old farts and most somewhere in between! LOL.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
e_baer said:
Hmmm, I may end up coming for at least a little bit. What usually goes on durring the meeting?

Blood letting, sacrifices, burning crosses…..Oh wait, that’s my other meeting.

This one, you look at some gigantic tank…say oooh…eat some food…talk to some people about what reactors they are running….look at the big tank again…say ooooh again….talk to other people about their next gigundo build…eat some more. Than you buy some raffle tickets, and if you are a newbie, you win most of the stuff. You eat a little more…look at the tank again…talk to some more people who detail the scum their protein skimmers make…they show you pictures of the scumate, like it is their first born…and finally, the president says a few words and then we go home wishing we had a gigantic tank as well!

Sounds like a good meeting haha. Ill come a bring a friend, even though non of my friends reef.....errr.....are in the hobby.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ruden said:
What kind of club are you running here? LOL Just kidding.... ;D

BobbyLlama

BOBBY LLLLLLLAAAAMMMMMMAAA! Dude! It is so great to see your face around here again. Now where's that Tale of the Tank thread?!

What usually goes on durring the meeting?

While RedFishBlueFish has summed it up rather well...

The meetings are usually a few hours of eating, chatting, staring at fish tanks, lots of reef talk. Afterwards we usually do a 10-15m discussion on the current events and then raffles. There are usually 10-20 raffles of a wide array of corals. Raffles usually start at 4pm.