• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How's everyone making out (roll call)

Well I noticed that the winds are picking up a bit here. All is well so far though. I figured I'd check to see how everyone is making out so far.

So far here in Hammonton its like a basic rain storm. My lites flicker here and there. But no real issues yet.

I am in Riverton and the winds just started to get stronger. I am right on the Delaware River and it hasn't flooded the banks yet. I was just with a police officer friend of mine who got a call over his radio that there was a guy spotted in Palmyra out wind surfing.

Matt

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We have lost power a few times but only for like a minute or so. Winds are blowing. We made the decision to break down the 45g and 12g tanks into our main system, this gives us less ground to cover and more of a stable environment. Our bioload is so minute for 400g that we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Winds are constant and strong. Lots of rain. Lights flickered once about 2 hours ago, but we still have power. Might make a move here in a little bit. The trees are making us nervous.

so far so good but i'm further up into central jersey...the forecasters were saying 5" plus of rain for southern jersey. I was watching channel 12 and atlantic city/brigantine - the coastlines are already flooded.

regardless we filled some extra pots with water. Also made sure to recharge everything that might need electricity. Been walking into the basement to take a look. Also walked out to the storm drain outside to make sure leaf litter isn't clogging it.

Ok so far up in North Jersey!! Wind is getting a bit stronger but not bad yet. It's just like a normal rain storm right now.

So far I have lost power for 2 minutes, other than that I am okay for now. I think tonight/tomorrow will be when it really hits:X

so far so good here as well. Lights are dimming as I type so I am expecting power to go out soon. Amazingly, satellite tv is still going strong. I would have thought that would have been gone by last night.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Between the wind and surge, the water is not leaving the Raritan River. Even with low tide approaching, Weber Street and Winding River developments have had a mandatory evacuation. In the past they have seen three to four feet into the first floor. Here’s the Sayreville boat ramp and the Raritan River. Note the boat ramp is a floating dock with those pilings typically way over your head.

BoatRamp.jpg

IMG_5410.jpg

What also has me scratching my head is that the storm really hasn’t hit yet but they’ve announced that 35 thousand customers are without power in New Jersey.

Winds kicking pretty good here in Medford. Trees are swaying. No power outtages YET... but they're due to come with all the trees we have around here. Kicked the lights on the frag tanks early to give them some "sun" in case we're out for a few days. Fingers crossed, but generator is ready, just a quick unplug and plug in and we're ready. Most importantly.... hoping all our more Eastern Jersey friends and family are safe and sound. This isn't a storm to take lightly. Tanks can be replaced, your loved ones cant! Good luck everyone.

Hi all. Howell is now getting buffeted. Had a screen blow off the house Power has been off and on. Just got a robo call. No one allowed on roads. Police and emerg service.

kevin

NJRC Member
So far so ggood . Wind is worrying me with a gigantic tree next to me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Still good here as well. Only one tree down so far on my court. I gotta say though it is amazing how far a tree will bend without breaking.
Also just found out that Port Elizabeth is closed again tomorrow, so no work again.