• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How's everyone making out (roll call)

Lost power 10 minutes ago, in hillsborough. House generator on and running fine. We will see how long it lasts...

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Lost power at 4:00....started the generator.....power came back on.....maybe off for three - four minutes. phew.

Chest high water down in mystica island. Our Family was able to get out of there house in between tides. 3 Trees down at the "safe house".

Big pear tree just came down on the neighbors car.

Best friends wife just had her car crushed by a 40 ft tree.

Surf club and point pleasant boardwalk isnt doing to well!
untitled2.jpg

And to think this is the beginning.

Good luck everyone!

Amazingly I still have power. My area typically goes out when it drizzles.

Neighbors tree (50 ft pine) just came down in front of their home. No damage other then the tree.

I have the kids in the lowest room in the house now, will prob sleep there tonight too.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We have been with out power for some time now.
I am about fire up the generator. I am not going to have the lost that I did last year.
Jon you took the words out of my mouth on ecoBAK..
Daniel

Wind's getting real bad now in Medford. Lights are flickering off and on like crazy. Wife's just praying dinner is done before the electricity goes out. Medford Lakes is blacked out as of a few mins ago.

It's been starting to blow harder over the last hour here in Mt Laurel. My lights have flickered a few times. I'm really hoping that I don't have to see if my deep cycle batteries and power inverter will provide life support for my tank.

Maple shade still has power fingers crossed they say storm is picking up speed I think that's a good thing get in and get out a lot faster

Still powered here in Bordentown. Only damage is half a tree in the neighbors yard and my patio table. You would think that with all the preparation I did I would remember something as simple as a patio table. Well I didn't remember and now I have a million pieces of glass on the deck.

kevin

NJRC Member
Mine is now out in east Brunswick.. damn power inverter doesn't work properly.. can't heat my tank. Have a battery operated air stone and vortech battery backup thankfully.. hope the temps don't get low

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Mine is now out in east Brunswick.. damn power inverter doesn't work properly.. can't heat my tank. Have a battery operated air stone and vortech battery backup thankfully.. hope the temps don't get low

Kevin

Use the fireplace if you have one if the temp dips too low. It is supposed to be in mid 50s during the night. No too bad.

Good Luck.
Sunny

We have power in west Caldwell for now :X, so far work has called a delay opening until noon tomorrow.

I work in insurance so this is going to be a hell of a week!

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Or you can warm some tank water on the grill and add it slowly,thats what we did with the snow storm last october with no ill affects

Storm is pretty bad here. Power has flickered a couple of times. My neighbor has a wind speed reader and highest gust he measured was 111 mph. No damage in my immediat area so far. They just said the bad stuff is just about to hit us in Toms River / Manchester border.