• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How's everyone making out (roll call)

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
10 days 23 hrs
Approximately 60g of gas
Several very long extension cords
1/4 cord of fire wood
Only 1 fight with my wife

AND THE POWER IS BACK ON!!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

LOL - Glad to know Steve. Hope everything made it out alive.

Sunny

My only fish fatality was my sons goldfish. corals on the other hand....i was starting to have some problems with my sps right before the power went out. I lost a good amount of sps again from what i think was caused by a rapid reduction in po4 levels.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

malulu

NJRC Member
Out of power 12 days -- and still counting!!

Luckily got a lots of helps from Dan on how to temporary hookup my generator to the house's power panel...
we have heat!!!

The generator is running on and off about 16 hours per day... So far one coral gone.. The rest seems fine.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor

Luckily got a lots of helps from Dan on how to temporary hookup my generator to the house's power panel...
we have heat!!!

The generator is running on and off about 16 hours per day... So far one coral gone.. The rest seems fine.

Oh man, David that is tough. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Sunny

Wow, 12 days!! I thought 10 was bad. Kudos on keeping your system going so well. Especially with the stats on what you have going. Idid the same of 13 hours a day of generator run time and the tanks/ corals did very well. I hope you get power back soon...any idea when? Let me know if I can help in any way.

Pete

malulu

NJRC Member

we have heat!!!

I saw something magnificent absolutely beautiful this morning...! a PSE&G truck outside our street to fix the down power line!
finally!! got my power back 1 hour ago!!!
yeeha!!

thank you all for the kind words and support!

same here if anyone need any help - i am game!!

Power back on after 12 days. Tank was n generator the whole time with no lights. Fish losses zero, one sickly coral head bought it. All others great! No algae of any kind survived, not even bubble algae! Getting ready to restart the main pump, after the water in the sump reaches a decent temperature.

I lost all my coral all my colonies I was prepping to sell. Lost all but 5 fish. It was tough. Tanks hit 50 degrees. I had a generator but had to do the right thing. I hooked it up to mine and my downstairs neighbors furnace to keep the houses warm(they have 2 young kids) I was away for quite a few days out on the barrier islands with the fire Dept doing my job. So the last thing on my mind was the fishtanks.
but now I used it to my advantage I have less fish, and gave away some of the ones I didn't want that survived. I rescaped the tank and replaced all the media and did 2 50g water changes. I'm hoping my personal display will now be better at housing sps and I can have a really nice display. Before I had too many fish causing po4 and nitrate issues.
My coral prop tanks are going to be re done and refined but not for abt 3 months. I'm leaving for the NJDOC academy in December and wont be around to maintain it. So when I'm done ill be back and better than ever. I hope. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

So i finally got some picks... Started over and rescaped my 40 breeder. I bleached some skeletons although they are not going in the tank. Cleaned my rock and put them back. Some corals still stuck to them :(.

Mike :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352605295294.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352605295294.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352605305739.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352605305739.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352605311967.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352605311967.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 34
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352605319909.jpg