• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How's everyone making out (roll call)

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Wow man crazy night glad everything is ok. I have to say after hearing stories about pse&g and jcp&l I have to tip my hat to the guys at AC electric. They really seem to have it together compared to some of the others.

Magic- did you get your generator working?

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow, that is insane. Did the powerline fall due to ice?
Apparently a tree that they had trimmed back earlier this year grew too fast. It split down the center and took out the primary wires(the three all the way up top!) really didn't look like a heavy piece, but I imagine with the slush on it, probably trippled the weight

still really slow progress here in toms river. Looks like this noreaster tore us up pretty good here. According to JCPL, roughly 7,000 people were without power yesterday, this morning back up to 21k. Only 10k less than the day after Sandy.

Thanks, so glad I put the whole house generator in this summer! Worked just like they said. Propane cost was @ 600$. But id you think of lost frige food, tanks. A small price to pay.My tanks for the most part are ok. The light schedule is screwed up but they will adjust. This weekends project is a 15-20 percent water change and to see how my parameters are. Next is the 5+ cords of wood to cut up and split! I feel like I won the lottery right now. Thanks!

Lights are starting to come back on in Manasquan!!!! Hopefully we will be back on soon too! I wonder how long I will hear the hum of the generator in my head for after its been turned off???

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Thanks, so glad I put the whole house generator in this summer! Worked just like they said. Propane cost was @ 600$. But id you think of lost frige food, tanks. A small price to pay.My tanks for the most part are ok. The light schedule is screwed up but they will adjust. This weekends project is a 15-20 percent water change and to see how my parameters are. Next is the 5+ cords of wood to cut up and split! I feel like I won the lottery right now. Thanks!

Should be plenty of wood around. If you burn pine I have three huge trees in my yard that need to go away.

Should be plenty of wood around. If you burn pine I have three huge trees in my yard that need to go away.

Hard wood only. Pine is good for fire pits or if you keep a VERY hot fire going. If not, too much creosote and a potential for a fire in your flue or chimney.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow man crazy night glad everything is ok. I have to say after hearing stories about pse&g and jcp&l I have to tip my hat to the guys at AC electric. They really seem to have it together compared to some of the others.

Magic- did you get your generator working?

Went out this morning to look at the generator and my shed smelled like a gas station . The float was stuck again and had leaked gas all over the floor. I made sure there was no debris in the gas after the first float problem by running it through a coffee filter (it took 3 times as long to fuel) and It still sticks. This gene is going back to Lowe's. I was talking to my wife about a whole house natural gas generator. She wouldn't have given one a second look before Sandy.

Bob

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bob,
I looked into a whole house natural gas generator for my house and it is very expensive!!!!! Out of my budget for now. I was told $9800.00 plus install.

Sorry to hear about those who had losses like myself. It is good to hear about noone being physically harmed at this point but a tough one to hear about folks like Madreefer and his hardship. I had no internet and cell reception through the five day outage here. I gave it my all to manually keep my hardy livestock alive without a generator and it worked for three long, long days and nights. I finally was able to squeak a post through and Gonzapa sent me a text message saying he could take in livestock. He graciously took about five corals and a clam and felt relieved that my efforts were not completely for naught.

I did lose a pair of GSM clowns and two big hardy anenomes that had been my pride and joy for years, a yellow tang, a blue chromis and a hawkfish. I feel bad about not being serious enough to take the step to buy a generator.

I will be taking a break from the hobby for a while, at least until I get a generator. I will still plan to visit meetings and participate in the next Sandy Hook clean up with Bob (Magic) and team. I am grateful that our family and home were not harmed. Also grateful to the officer crew hear who have been valiantly keeping the tradition of this club going

See you guys around soon!
Bob

Bob,
I looked into a whole house natural gas generator for my house and it is very expensive!!!!! Out of my budget for now. I was told $9800.00 plus install.

I've heard NJ Home Services, part of NJ Natural Gas, actually can install these very cheaply. The last person I know that looked into one was supposedly only $3500. It will always depend on the size but maybe you should be another quote.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've heard NJ Home Services, part of NJ Natural Gas, actually can install these very cheaply. The last person I know that looked into one was supposedly only $3500. It will always depend on the size but maybe you should be another quote.

My quote came from PSE&G. Maybe I will look into it some more.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow Taz, that's a crazy night. Glad it was taken care of right away and you, Kelly and the kids are all safe. If you went to sleep before you noticed it, things could have been much worse for you out there in the woods.

Pete, glad you finally got power back. I was beginning to think the electric company forgot about you.

Bob (boontonbob), sorry to hear about your losses, but at least Gonzapa was able to save a few things for you. I'm sure you'll get plenty of offers to help you rebuild when you're ready. Let us know!

Bob (magic), so you never got it running again? Has your power been restored yet though?

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don't know much here, but is it possible that it was cheaper to install but needed to hire an electrician to tie it in?

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow Taz, that's a crazy night. Glad it was taken care of right away and you, Kelly and the kids are all safe. If you went to sleep before you noticed it, things could have been much worse for you out there in the woods.

Pete, glad you finally got power back. I was beginning to think the electric company forgot about you.

Bob (boontonbob), sorry to hear about your losses, but at least Gonzapa was able to save a few things for you. I'm sure you'll get plenty of offers to help you rebuild when you're ready. Let us know!

Bob (magic), so you never got it running again? Has your power been restored yet though?

George

Never go the generator running again, the float in the carb is shot. Called Lowe's and I will be bringing it back tomorrow. Power was restored yesterday morning.

Bob

10 days 23 hrs
Approximately 60g of gas
Several very long extension cords
1/4 cord of fire wood
Only 1 fight with my wife

AND THE POWER IS BACK ON!!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

10 days 23 hrs
Approximately 60g of gas
Several very long extension cords
1/4 cord of fire wood
Only 1 fight with my wife

AND THE POWER IS BACK ON!!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

That don't sound that bad. Lol
Glad to hear electric is back. Welcome back to civilization.