• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How's everyone making out (roll call)

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Paul

The oil level was the first thing I checked. It starts sputters and dies. I put dry gas in it and still had a issue.

Bob

How old is your generator? Also what kind of generator is it? Check the spark plug next with running them 24hrs the plugs get dirty pretty quickly.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The generator is 11 Days old running for 10 days. It's a Storm Responder 5500 (B&S Engine). I changed the spark plug 2 days ago when the float stuck and fouled the other plug. The oil has been changed every 48 hours (50 recommended). My neighbor is using the same gene (a used one) without a issue.

Bob

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
If you think it's bad gas I would empty the tank and also empty the gas line by disconnecting it and also the carburetor cup. Get some new gas and give it a try

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had a voice mail at my office today from a company in S. Plainfield. Apparently, they just got a whole big shipment of generators in stock if anyone is interested (I don't have details on brands, sizes, prices, etc. since it was a voice mail message).

The number is 732-489-1093.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
It is so great to see everyone helping each other out here. Whether it be loaning generators, telling people where generators are in stock, other posts offering frags to reestablish thanks, etc. Glad to be part of this club.

grink

NJRC Member
Out of Power again at 11pm last night. Got it back on at 5pm tonight. Not enough circulation in time in the am. At least one dead fish. Have to wait to see if anything else comes out of the rock work. And yes lot's more of downed trees to turn into firewood. Just cleaned up after the last mess.

As someone who has no experience what so ever ever with hurricanes, I cant imagine what some of you guys are going through and hope you, your families, and your fish are all doing okay!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What a night....Heard something fall outside last night and couldn't find it. Moments later at 11:00 as I started to roll into the bed, something caught my eye, there was some sort of light in the front (we don't have street lights) so I walked over to the window and HOLY CRAP my telephone is on fire! Called 911 as I went to the front door to have a different view and looked over at my neighbors lawn that was on fire also. I explained to the dispatcher and she asked me to hold the line when all of a sudden the sky lit up and the transformer blew right in front of me. Needless to say that disconnected me from 911 so I ran and got the cell phone to call them back. Roads were icy, emergency crew made it here in about 25 minutes, only to wait 4 hours for the power company. I stayed up as fire watch until 3:00 when the arcing/burning wires finally stopped because of another blown transformer somewhere down the road finally cut the power.

Finally about to fall asleep and I was awoken 3 separate times by a billion candlepower spotlight right in the eyes from different crews assessing the damage. Finally fell asleep only to be disturbed by 2 phone call that school was cancelled and then another saying power was restored to the area. Well mine wasn't :(

When daylight came, I went to look at the damage and found that they had to cut me from the grid to get everybody else online. By lunch today they replaced the cross member on the pole and ran new primary wires and restored my power! Great job by Atlantic City Electric!

What a night....Heard something fall outside last night and couldn't find it. Moments later at 11:00 as I started to roll into the bed, something caught my eye, there was some sort of light in the front (we don't have street lights) so I walked over to the window and HOLY CRAP my telephone is on fire! Called 911 as I went to the front door to have a different view and looked over at my neighbors lawn that was on fire also. I explained to the dispatcher and she asked me to hold the line when all of a sudden the sky lit up and the transformer blew right in front of me. Needless to say that disconnected me from 911 so I ran and got the cell phone to call them back. Roads were icy, emergency crew made it here in about 25 minutes, only to wait 4 hours for the power company. I stayed up as fire watch until 3:00 when the arcing/burning wires finally stopped because of another blown transformer somewhere down the road finally cut the power.

Finally about to fall asleep and I was awoken 3 separate times by a billion candlepower spotlight right in the eyes from different crews assessing the damage. Finally fell asleep only to be disturbed by 2 phone call that school was cancelled and then another saying power was restored to the area. Well mine wasn't :(

When daylight came, I went to look at the damage and found that they had to cut me from the grid to get everybody else online. By lunch today they replaced the cross member on the pole and ran new primary wires and restored my power! Great job by Atlantic City Electric!

Wow, that is insane. Did the powerline fall due to ice?