• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hydrogen Peroxide dosing

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
the same like a fuge.....just where water flows across the screen. the screen gets light added to it and grows algae. this out competes with the algae in your display

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhh ok. I'm going to order the little one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you will need a small pump as well.....note that it will take some time for it to "kick off" so you will need some patience. In the meantime, do look into the issue that may be causing the hair algae this way you can have it under control for the most part

I have used it directly to remove HA and occasionally dose in my son's nano, got rid of the worst of it and then all other nutrient lowering ideas to keep it gone.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you are looking for a quick kill, use fluconazole, and then take care of your nutrients so it doesn't come back

I have not reduced my nutrients. I still feed the same amount and do the same water changes. The scrubber has eliminated my nuisance algae. It started working pretty fast too. You can help seed it by rubbing some of your current hair algae on the growing surface. I'm not saying it's ok to overfeed, or slack on water changes, but you don't necessarily need to reduce nutrients, if you can scrub off the excess waist byproducts.

This is what the scrubber looks like 3 days after I cleaned it out. I clean it once a week. Scrub it with a stiff tooth brush and rinse it in tank water.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 10