• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

"If you want to upgrade your tank I want you to upgrade my front porch!"

I took that picture o the 18th of last month with my phone. The past few weeks the tank has had some Cyano on the sand. Mostly on the right side. I can't imagine it's lack of flow because I have a Gyre 150, 2 mp 40's, and one Jebao wp(something). I even Chemi Cleaned the tank and it didn't seem to help. I'll figure it out... Other than that I have not done much with it recently other than a few new corals that I got in the mail. The Harliquin has made a dent in the Asterina stars. I'll get out the good camera soon and snap some pictures.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Glad to hear things are going well for the most part. Do you carbon dose? I have heard of Cyano coming from it. The right side looks like it's growing in really well!

I don't dose carbon. I only dose kalk, alk, ca, and aminos (when I remember)

Thanks the coral on the right is things I have had for a bit, and the left side is mostly Reef Raft and some other newer hidden treasures.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Hopefully it clears up for you soon. Looking forward to seeing the new stuff grow in!

Thanks guys! I am running out of room for corals. I picked up a frag tank and a 6 bulb t5/led fixture. I just have not set it up yet. I have always had led fixtures and have wanted to try something else. I have always stayed away from acans and chalices because of the fear of them morphing. I never wanted to spend a ton of $ on some rainbow acan and stick it in my tank for it to turn orange.

I have just been lazy and not sure exactly where I want to put the tank

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Thanks guys! I am running out of room for corals. I picked up a frag tank and a 6 bulb t5/led fixture. I just have not set it up yet. I have always had led fixtures and have wanted to try something else. I have always stayed away from acans and chalices because of the fear of them morphing. I never wanted to spend a ton of $ on some rainbow acan and stick it in my tank for it to turn orange.

I have just been lazy and not sure exactly where I want to put the tank
I think your really going to like the t5. I love mine. Are you going to connect it to the display or run it as a stand alone system?