• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

"If you want to upgrade your tank I want you to upgrade my front porch!"

Great additions! Where did you find the blennies?
Thanks. The only place I could find them was Diver's Den. I have been looking all over the place for awhile and could never find them. I would only ever see them on DD in trios. So I took 2 and a friend took the other.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Great fish, we still have our Kemohora blenny and we love having cleaner gobies around. Nikki is not a fan of the kemohora blenny as it jumped one time in front of us and then bit her when she picked it up. They do have fangs and she was bleeding afterwards.

Great fish, we still have our Kemohora blenny and we love having cleaner gobies around. Nikki is not a fan of the kemohora blenny as it jumped one time in front of us and then bit her when she picked it up. They do have fangs and she was bleeding afterwards.
Aren't fanged-tooth blennies also venomous?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I will have to ask Nikki how she was feeling afterwards but I can assure you she was not happy.

I will have to ask Nikki how she was feeling afterwards but I can assure you she was not happy.
I got bit by my giant male blue throat trigger one time. It scared the crap out of me and hurt like hell, & drew blood.

I also used to have a gsm clown. Every time I stuck my hand in the tank it would attack me. I hated that fish! Didn't hurt but would still make me jump every time.

image1.JPG image2.JPG image1.JPG image2.JPG I hate this stupid Lyretai!!! I have been trying since the weekend to catch this damn fish. I have been having high nitrate problems, and I know that my tank is way overstocked with fish. So I started to catch some and find new homes. The McCoskers and the Cardinals were a piece of cake. This Anthia is really starting to make me angry. Every fish in my tank swims in and out of the trap. The Lyretail just sticks its head in and thats about it I thought for sure that he was going to be the easiest of the 4 to catch. Most of the time I don't even have to bait the box...

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Good man! I know the frustration of trying to catch fish out of stocked tank and it's not fun.

b04ea40432e73f917123f7dade4662bc.jpg

I figured I'd give it one more try!!! I jumped, yelled, and scared my son when I caught it!!!

I was starting to think crazy and considering ripping the tank apart to get it out.

My apex display stopped working a few weeks ago. I think that 1 button on the display is the most used thing on my entire tank and set up. I use the down button to put the tank into feed mode. It also is a huge help when in a way for work and my daughter is in charge of feeding the fish. She can just hit the down arrow and drop the food in.
Neptune wants $100 for a new one.
Amazon Prime baby $49!
1c104b11e2f23490393de1a59810ff36.jpg

Looks way cooler than the old blue display, and was able to rig it up so it has constant power.

nice

I like the built in look. Have you seen my DYI controller? - Joys of DYI project | Page 4 | NJ Reef Club I am hoping when I get more time/money/and a house I can make it look cleaner. So far the whole system (not counting buying two screens) cost me about $100 - $150 (including lumber and wires)
Thanks! I did see your DIY controller. I am extremely handy but when it comes to electronics and programming I have no clue. I had a friend set up my Apex for me.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I am ok with electronics and programming but when it comes to wood work I am no good. I can picture it in my head but never turns out well lol