• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

It has arrived.............. OMG, this is scary

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
OH NO! I'm so sorry to hear this, Wendy. Your tank was such a wonder. Nobody will ever do those corals justice! Hopefully you'll be back! How about a nano?! :)

Wow wendy im really sorry to hear that. Your tank is so great its really sad to think about it coming down. Best of luck with your sale tho.

sorry to hear this wendy.......hope you will come back when your back gets better....and i 2nd the sugestion for a nano...it shouldnt be too tough on your back and you could still stay in the hobby

either way.......good luck....al

Wendy!
So sorry to hear that, I hope you're back recovers I know how limitting that can be!
If you ever stsrt a tank up again, I'll have a frag pac care package with your name on it!
Best of luck for a swift recovery.

Wendy, When your back is better I've got a ton of free frags with your name on them (I can write really tiny). ;D

Greg, you actually managed to put a tiny smile on my face with your first comment. Thank you and Bax for your generous offers to provide frags if I ever get back into it. You guys are awesome!!

I also want to thank everyone else for your encouraging words. Like I said earlier, this was a hard decision.

Here's the "modified" room now:

BirdRoom002.jpg

BirdRoom001.jpg

Wendy,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. In the meantime, hopefully your feathered friends are up for some extra cuddling (bad day with fish = good day to cuddle with the birdy in my mind). Their new space looks wonderful.
Nikki

Wendy,
I am so sorry to hear, its a travesty to not be able to do something you enjoy and are extremely talented at. Everything I have read on this forum, most folks are using your tanks as a model, something they strive to do. I have even been in stores like aquarium obsessed and they use your tank as a talking point when they talk about lighting.

I have problems with my neck, and I know it must be torture for you to do any bending etc. If possible, try this place: http://www.lesspainbetterhealth.com/. They are in Lebanon, NJ. They use this system for spinal decompression: http://www.spinemedtherapy.com/

Notice the section under: "Tired of Living With Back or Neck Pain?"

"Back and neck pain are the number one complaints in North America, affecting 80% of us at one time or another. These problems often mean a permanent loss of some function, forcing us to give up things in life no one should have to give up. The highly advanced SpineMED® is a NON-SURGICAL, DRUG-FREE procedure that is EXCEPTIONALLY COMFORTABLE. It offers hope where other decompression* systems fail."

Everyone I talk to that has had back surgery says it is not a cure, they still have a degree of pain. I like you am not a pill popper. I am setting an appointment to go here, and I will let you know what I think.

I will keep my hopes up that I will see another build post from you in the future.

Wendy, sorry to hear that you're done, you're my inspiration. I hope you make a comeback soon!

I wanted to ask you a quick question. With your T5s on the 75, were you running the ballast that came with the teks or did you upgrade to an icecap?

Also, how far above the tank were your lights?

Thank you so much,

Kason

Thank you John. I was always wondering that. It kind of surprises me looking at her corals, but it also makes me happy because I have the same lights ;D. Hope she comes back soon.

john90009

NJRC Member
this hobby is so weird there are so many factors that contribute to coral color i have learned that the same lighting is the easiest thing to match. I once had the same exact halide setup as someone and when i saw there tank the bulbs ran different colors. I think it is do to the fact that the tank is yours that you will always be searching for better or different colors.