• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

It has arrived.............. OMG, this is scary

Thank you very, very much Jim, John, Rich & Brian. I am so in love with my new additions. Yesterday, when I did my weekly waterchange I kind of went a little overboard and tried to really clean up the corners and the back to the best of my ability. Took a while, but it was worth the effort. :)

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's exactly why I asked. I was tempted, but I just can't stray. If it's not broke don't fix it! I have had good growth and coloration with the ATI's, even in less tan pristine water conditions.

Taz

Wendy,

I have a 120 gallon tank. I have recently purchased a 8x54 Sunlight Tek fixture and I am using the same bulb configuration that you are. Are you finding that SPS and Anemones are thriving in your tank? Is this lighting good for a 120? Also, what kind of schedule do you have your lights on?

Well I don't have any anemones, but my stonies certainly thrive. :) Yes, I think this lighting is great for a 120. All my Blues come on at 9AM, the rest of the lights come on at 10:30. Main lights go off at 6:30PM and the Blues go off at 9PM.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Was wondering when the cat was coming out of the bag. Pretty sneaky Wendy, we wouldn't let you sell so you go elsewhere! LOL

Seriously though, I am very sorry to hear this, Sorry you had to let this go for whatever reason. The pics showed us an extremely beautiful tank that we all dream of with great colors. All from T5's unless you have another hidden secret. ;D I hope all is well and you are able to return later with the same great results if you choose too.

Thanks again for showing us how this is done and answering our many questions

Taz

Yes, the tank is sold. I tried holding on to it very hard, but my back hasn't been holding up at all. I have a herniated disk in my lower back, and it's made tank maintenance pure torture. I'm not a pill popper, and refuse to live on pain killers. I've weighed my options. Alex has been lugging the water for me for the past couple of months, but there's more to maintenance than water changes. I've considered surgery, but that will leave me out of comission for several months. I would have gone crazy watching my tank suffer due to my inability to care for my animals properly.

So there.....

Even though I will be without my tank, I will continue to answer any and all questions to the best of my ability.

At least five Monmouth and Ocean County LFS have filed for bankruptcy upon hearing of the sale of Wendy's tank.