• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

It has arrived.............. OMG, this is scary

WOW...does wow stand for Wendy's Ocean World ;D

Thanks for posting for two reasons; first because it is just beautiful and two because it helps answer what you can keep under T5 successfully. What a great balance you have mamma mia.

Fantastic shots Wendy! Not everybody can grow corals like you can.
I love those fairy wrasse, is that a Solorensis?

@ Taz, oh yeah, I'm going to MACNA. Can't wait either. You asked about fussing over the tank. In all honesty I probably neglected it somewhat for the past 3 months or so because I've just been SO busy. I continue to blow off all the corals 3-4 times a week, however, continue my weekly waterchange, and keep parameters in check. Hard to say how much time I spend on it daily. It takes me about 20 minutes to blow off the corals, and the waterchange and other maintenance takes me about 1.5 hours. And thank you for your kind words.

@ Bill: LOL, you are so nice. :)

@ Nick: Yup, that Sailfin can eat all right - but all my fish are a little on the chubby side. :p

@ Rich: Thank you kindly, sir.

@ Newsalt: Thank you. I do weekly waterchanges of about 20-25 gallons, and manually dose 2 part and Magnesium as needed. Every once in a blue moon I put a few drops of AA in the tank. That's about it. Oh, and with each weekly waterchange I make it a point to do maintenance on something. Whether I clean the skimmer thoroughly, or a pump, or anything that runs on a motor.

@ Dave: Thanks a bunch. :)

@ James: Yeah, I LOVE my T5s. I replaced all the bulbs recently, and think I waited a bit too long cause the difference was night and day. I kind of miss my plexi splash guard. And thanks for your kindness.

@ Bax: Thank you. I'm so in love with that valida. SO pretty and vibrant.

@ Jim: You made me blush, thanks so much. Nah, that's not a solarensis, it's a Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura. :)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Stunning, Wendy! I'm glad that you're doing well and that your tank is just so beautiful! It is great to see you rise above the challenges that make some fall from the hobby.

Just beautiful.

JerseyWendy said:
onefish2fish said:
how about bulb combo and what order they are in ;)
even better a 6 bulb combo lol

LOL, Jon.
My bulbs are from front to back:
ATI Blue Plus
Giesemann Pure Actinic 03
ATI Aquablue Special
GE 6,500
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Blue Plus

If I had only 6 bulbs, I'd use following combo:
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue Special
GE 6,500
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Blue Plus
Wendy, would you mind telling of the 8 bulbs you have, what order do they come on.

Wendy finally got a chance to read all i missed with your tank build. You have done a great job overcoming the challenges this hobby thows at us. You certainly are an inspiration to all of us. Fantastic job. Wish i had half of your talent

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Rickyrooz said:
JerseyWendy, very nice tank. What is your bulb combo?

It was mentioned in the thread and quoted 4 posts earlier

JerseyWendy said:
LOL, Jon.
My bulbs are from front to back:
ATI Blue Plus
Giesemann Pure Actinic 03
ATI Aquablue Special
GE 6,500
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Blue Plus

Thank you all so much for your nice words. More importantly, I genuinely want to thank you even more for the incredible support you've given me. I absolutely love my tank, and each and every animal inside it. I've gone through some rough patches with it - and continue to encounter challenges (aptasia right now....), but overall my tank is doing wonderfully and continues to amaze me. I promise to take some new pictures next week, so I can share my "baby" with all of you.

LOTS has happened to me over the past few months. First I lost my beloved Quincy, and I took that quite hard. Much harder than even I could anticipate. Then the phone rang less than 2 weeks after, and it was MikeM. "Wendy," he said. "A friend of mine's got a bird for you - for free." Mike gave me his friend's number, I called, and 2 days later I met the most wonderful people you could possible imagine. Their names are George and Elaine. George is running NUMEROUS outrageous saltwater setups. Elaine and George are both bird lovers. Well, they brought me a 20-year something MALE Yellow-Nape Amazon named Birdie. By now Birdie's name has changed to "Rambo". He truly deserves that name, plus too many others that I won't mention in this family-friendly forum. I've been bitten, mutilated, dive-bombed, and then chased by him (after I clipped his wing feathers). Quite the challenge!

Less than 2 weeks after losing Quincy my puppy Oscar was viciously attacked by my neighbor's dog. I never received an apology. It was not my fault. Their dog had gotten out and was waiting by my back gate - unbeknown to me. When I opened the gate to get the trash cans he pounced on Oscar. Oscar screamed and took off running. It took me over 30 minutes to find him. When I did, he was bleeding and scared. I did call the police, and they did receive a summons.

Last but not least: I had started working part-time. I was visiting with a 98-year old woman, whom I've known for close to 2 years. I sat with her for 2-3 hours a day. She became my surrogate mom, especially since I only lost my own mother 2 years ago. Well, Susie died October 19th. When I got to her house that morning I realized she wasn't well and I had to call 911. She died in the hospital that same night.

Ok - still not last, but almost there (and thanks for reading all of this...IF you are ;) : Since I never got over losing Quincy, I became obsessed with getting another Double-Yellow-Head Amazon. Well, I finally did. 2 weeks ago. Her name is Gracie. She has been surgically sexed, is under 6 months old, and bonded to me within 2 days. She is so much more than I ever expected. She will have a HUGE vocabulary, especially since she's already mumbling, singing, and talking up a storm. (I will include a picture of her at the end of this post).

Now lastly: Due to ALL the stress, and then additionally having to cope with HIGH electric bills which I automatically attributed to my fish tank, I got cold feet, and in a spare second decided I was going to sell my tank. All of you who contacted me, called me PMed me, e-mailed me - you will never know how much that meant to me. Because ultimately I decided I was just plain old dumb for wanting to get rid of something that meant the world to me for all the wrong reasons.

...ok, I'll leave it at that. Thanks for hanging in there with me....thanks for your support....thanks for your friendships and kind words.

Now THIS is "Gracie". (and yes, I will post pics of my tank next week, I promise :)

Gracie11-17-092.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
{{{hugs}}}

I'm sorry ... for all the bad STUFF and glad that you've gotten a couple of new friends out of the deal. I'm especially glad that you'll be sticking around, because we'd TRULY miss you if you left it (and it would be far worse for wear). Don't give up on your favorite hobby for all the wrong reasons.

More {{{hugs}}}

Phyl & Rod, THANK YOU both so, so much!

Phyl, I would LOVE to get together again....puppy playtime included....if you're up for it. Bring the family, and we can all just hang out. :)

And I'd like to add something else. I've offered Brian and Billy to stop by and take their picks. Well, my offer is wide open. There's plenty of stuff for you guys if you're interested.

Think since you gave us a scare you owe us some pics. ;D
We are all so happy your staying(especially us T5 folks) you have been an inspiration to most of us.